• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gopher

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Zionsville, IN
    Our second Pistol 145 (Intro to Defensive Pistol) course is coming July 20th and will be held at Riley Conservation Club in Terre Haute, IN.

As before, John Viray (obijohn here on INGO) will be teaching the course with assistance from Revere's Riders. Pistol 145 is designed to introduce students to defensive pistol use to include drawing from the holster, considerations in the self-defense use of a pistol plus general gear selection for concealed carry use.

This is NOT an introductory course and students should have previously taken an introductory pistol training course such as Revere's Riders Pistol 100 or the equivalent. You will also need a suitable strong-side holster designed for your pistol as well as magazine carriers along with the other usual firearms training items (eye/ear protection, ammunition, pen/paper for notes, lunch, drinks, snacks).

For full course details and to purchase tickets, see the event listing page on the Revere's Riders website: Pistol 145 (Intro to Defensive Pistol) - One Day (Terre Haute, IN) - Revere's Riders

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    Some reactions from that last 145 class:

Class was a very fun experience for me & extremely helpful for my shooting. John knows a lot about a lot & is freaking hilarious.
    The format of the class was well thought out and never boring, short discussion on theory and application with assessment & correction.
    The first half of the class was all about form, emphasizing draw stroke & grip. John & Granger were very helpful correcting my bad habits.
    My groups noticeably tightened up in our drills & at the same time if they were too tight, John had me speed up to spread them out.
    He tailored the "defensive" curriculum, with me unlearning slower bulls-eye/target habits, having different discussions with the ex-mil students.
    The back half of the class was much more focused on movement, situational awareness, threat scans and clearing type 1 malfunctions.
    Our afternoon made handgun shooting much more applicable to real world defensive scenarios, and ingrained logical real world tactics.
    The class was very worthwhile, with a very high instructor / student ratio. I learned a ton and will definitely attend future RR & ACT courses!

I learned so much as this was my first training experience with pulling from the holster. John and Granger (and the RR folks), were always ready to offer advice and explained very well where I may improve. My confidence level and my ability was greatly improved due to the many defensive drills we went through.

John and Granger are very "down to earth" instructors and not afraid to push you bit. There is no doubt in my mind that they know what they are doing, but more importantly know how to pass the information to others.

The pace of the class was perfect, but we did stay pretty dang busy!

I highly recommend this class, and for those that have taken a RR basic pistol class, to get your tickets now. It is a perfect fit coming from the basic class, and you will NOT be disappointed.

Well we all had a great time at the RANGE Saturday while most of INGO was laying on the freaking couch!

John and G-man conducted a outstanding class that is truly a great value. ACT has invested the time to train with some of the top instructors in the business and it shows. You don’t have to travel far to get great training at a reasonable price.
    It’s rare when a instructor can help a shooter with being cross eyed dominant!
    I concur the other students comments class was well paced and a blast.

brchixwing is turning out to be a beast on the range, he brought some kind of high speed SIG I started to make fun of him until he started shooting! He also runs a AK OK!

By the end of the day Gaffer was blasting though the drills like a pro !

Thanks to 308jake and gopher for making this event happen if you are on INGO you need to check out a RR event.

So get off the couch put down the phone and sign up for a course, don’t be afraid to meet people from INGO almost all of them are not insane.
    The prices are reasonable the equipment requirements are reasonable so whats stopping you?

gopher

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Zionsville, IN
    This course is a great introduction to drawing from the holster for all those who have taken a Pistol 100 class from Revere's Riders or similar. If you are contemplating concealed carry, you NEED to take this class to learn proper technique.

obijohn (John Viray) is an experienced US Army veteran, NRA instructor and former IPSC and USPSA competitor. He won his class at the 1998 USPSA 3-Gun Nationals. You WILL learn something at this event!

We hope to see you on July 20th at Riley Conservation Club in Terre Haute, IN.

gopher

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Zionsville, IN
    This is likely to be a small class (maximum class size will be 12 regardless) and therefore you will get much more personalized instruction from John Viray than at many other training classes that "pack the line". Don't miss this opportunity to get some great training, at a great price, with a HIGHLY qualified instructor!

Top Bottom