Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Plinker

User Info Menu

Coach, It is definitely both Red Dot and Iron Sight friendly.

Mental clutter is what we will be clearing out. The inner mental turmoil with regards to performance that we all struggle with to some degree or another. I'm going to not only mold and shape the physical but the mental also. In a nutshell this class is "building a better shooter". We will be cleaning up (and speeding up) drawstroke, fixing grip, finding the sights (or dot) quicker, smoothing out trigger press, and correcting sight alignment (and accepting what is "good enough" when "good enough" is actually "good enough") and building neural pathways with positive reps, and rewiring what your brain thinks is an acceptable performance for you. But instead of just applying that to bullseye targets or IDPA/IPSC targets in a competitive/match setting like we are shooting match stages we will be applying it more realistic looking adversarial targets and to SMALL targets and FAR targets...and some small far targets under time constraints in a combative manner. And we will be doing this with an eye toward bystanders and non combatants who might be down range. Think plate rack with bystanders with a penalty for misses....

This is not a basic level class. It is not really a class for the 1st time pistol student. But if he/she already has a FIRM grasp of fundamentals and safe gunhandling (and it doesn't hurt if they have some competitive shooting experience) and an open mind and are willing to listen they will be fine. As we said earlier , this class came about out of discussions about a desire for a private class that some people in last year's CRG2 in Charlestown IN were wanting with an emphasis on precision shooting at speed for guys whose down range backstop behind their intended target might be a car...or a house....or citizens walking their dog...

That is the background for the class. We'd love to have you if you can join us and like last time it will likely expand your thinking but hopefully not cause too much inner mental turmoil.
    Certified Suarez International, Rangemaster, NRA and TN Handgun Permit Instructor

User Info Menu

Thanks. That description helps
    No one is stronger or more dangerous than the man who can harness his emotions.

www.BrightFirearmsTraining.com

abright@ccrtc.com

Plinker

User Info Menu

Just 4 weeks to go on this !
    Certified Suarez International, Rangemaster, NRA and TN Handgun Permit Instructor

Plinker

User Info Menu

And there are now 7 spots left.

Plinker

User Info Menu

And now we are down to 6​ spots left.

Plinker

User Info Menu

We are at 1 week to go!

We still have spots available if anyone else still wants to get in.

Plinker

User Info Menu

Last call !!!

We are 3 days out and we still have a few spots available.

User Info Menu

How did it go?

abright@ccrtc.com

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    How did it go?
    This^^^ I just couldn't fit this in my life this time around but the description is something I really want to do.
    Putting firearms' contribution back in our history makes a more complete telling. Teaching marksmanship in that context deepens the understanding. Revere's Riders, because history involved guns!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SmileDocHill View Post
    This^^^ I just couldn't fit this in my life this time around but the description is something I really want to do.
    Perhaps I can host him for this class at Riley.

abright@ccrtc.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast