Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    What did you all think about Lamb's latest article in Guns and Ammo about dot discipline and throttle control?

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    TuaFpSw.jpg

iYmcgDP.jpg

Last edited:

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Ok first of all, at this point I have very little experience using a red dot of any kind. But, what Kyle is saying in terms of throttle management makes sense to me. I can fully understand the logic of being quick in action steps but then slowing down to make a good clean shot. I think the obstacle for many (myself included) would be in learning to do a better job of controlling breathing and being able to somehow slow down adrenaline or just being more deliberate.
    Kind of like Wyatt Earp is credited as saying something to the effect of Fast is fine but accuracy is everything, you've got to take your time in a hurry. I think that is pretty much the same logic.

I will have to read the article again as it pertains to the using a dot

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    I thought it made a great deal of sense. It simply used new / different language to convey old concepts. (You can't miss fast enough, smooth is fast, etc.) With a more modern vernacular.

Conceptually it makes absolute sense to me, and applies the OODA loop concept / practice at the individual action level.

I've already decided to incorporate the concept into my practice on a more conscious level.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I thought it made sense as well and was another way of saying see what you need to see to make the shot. The method of aiming or sighting may vary from dot to iron sights but aiming well and pressing the trigger are both essential things needed to make a shot.

Top Bottom