Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 37
  1. #11
    Somewhat Purple-ish rhino's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Trapper Jim View Post
    Maybe I am not seeing the whole picture can 1 instructor safely and efficiently run 14 students ?
    That instructor can, but as mentioned, only half are on the line at one time. Six to eights students on the line should be manageable to someone with sufficient experience.

    Louis Awerbuck often managed 12-20 on the line at one time and pretty much noticed every little thing that happened. Granted, he was an exceptional individual with almost supernatural awareness, but it was cool seeing him do it.



    "The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State."
    INDIANA CONSTITUTION
    Article 1 - Bill of Rights - Section 32

    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

    To prevail you must ACT!

  2. #12
    Grandmaster nakinate's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Trapper Jim View Post
    Maybe I am not seeing the whole picture can 1 instructor safely and efficiently run 14 students ?
    Ernest Langdon ran a great class with 16 people at ACC earlier this year. We were split into two relays for live fire and it worked well.
    Instagram: @nakinate

  3. #13
    Marksman Trapper Jim's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by nakinate View Post
    Ernest Langdon ran a great class with 16 people at ACC earlier this year. We were split into two relays for live fire and it worked well.
    Who watches the students behind the line at your back.?
    "See you on the Range"

  4. #14
    Grandmaster Coach's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Every one in the class is responsible. Follow instructions for example. Follow safety rules. Self police meaning if someone has their gun out when it should be say something to them and the instructor.

    My times I also have an asst instructor for watching eveyone.
    No one is stronger or more dangerous than the man who can harness his emotions.

    www.BrightFirearmsTraining.com

    abright@ccrtc.com


  5. #15
    Marksman Trapper Jim's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Every one in the class is responsible. Follow instructions for example. Follow safety rules. Self police meaning if someone has their gun out when it should be say something to them and the instructor.

    My times I also have an asst instructor for watching eveyone.
    To each their own. I am not as trustworthy of people owning up to standards . Looking back at the line when I am uprange I too many times have found the noobs handling guns. I have witnessed it (and said something) at mass produced training camps in the past and even at matches where the responsible peeps zoned out for a minute. Over 15 years ago I stand by my rule of one instructor per 4 students. I am not saying it canít be done, I am saying I wonít do it.
    "See you on the Range"

  6. #16
    Grandmaster Coach's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Trapper Jim View Post
    To each their own. I am not as trustworthy of people owning up to standards . Looking back at the line when I am uprange I too many times have found the noobs handling guns. I have witnessed it (and said something) at mass produced training camps in the past and even at matches where the responsible peeps zoned out for a minute. Over 15 years ago I stand by my rule of one instructor per 4 students. I am not saying it canít be done, I am saying I wonít do it.
    New shooters outside without partitions 4 shooters is plenty. This class is not comprised of new shooters.
    No one is stronger or more dangerous than the man who can harness his emotions.

    www.BrightFirearmsTraining.com

    abright@ccrtc.com


  7. #17
    Grandmaster nakinate's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Trapper Jim View Post
    To each their own. I am not as trustworthy of people owning up to standards . Looking back at the line when I am uprange I too many times have found the noobs handling guns. I have witnessed it (and said something) at mass produced training camps in the past and even at matches where the responsible peeps zoned out for a minute. Over 15 years ago I stand by my rule of one instructor per 4 students. I am not saying it canít be done, I am saying I wonít do it.
    I agree when it comes to a new shooter. But we all show trust in other shooters when we shoot matches. I trust those not shooting to not load up their guns and wave them around. Iím sure you do too, otherwise you wouldnít compete.
    Instagram: @nakinate

  8. #18
    Marksman Trapper Jim's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by nakinate View Post
    I agree when it comes to a new shooter. But we all show trust in other shooters when we shoot matches. I trust those not shooting to not load up their guns and wave them around. Iím sure you do too, otherwise you wouldnít compete.
    Im always watching. Wish everyone would. Reminds me of the competitor who shot a hole in our safe table sign. Trust? I have many I trust but many more that I don't.

    can go on forever about CGH. If you have ever been dowrange and saw a bullet hit the berm beside you it kinda brings it home.
    Last edited by Trapper Jim; 4 Days Ago at 08:15.
    "See you on the Range"

  9. #19
    Grandmaster Coach's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    The people behind the line concern me less the shooter on the stage. New shooters with a gun in their hand in a stress filled enviroment.

    People being told to make ready while I am down range is also scary.
    No one is stronger or more dangerous than the man who can harness his emotions.

    www.BrightFirearmsTraining.com

    abright@ccrtc.com


  10. #20
    Expert dudley0's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    I doubt that anyone in one of Gabe's classes is a newbie. I just don't see him teaching a 101 basics class. Could be wrong, but just don't see it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Button Dodge