• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gopher

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Zionsville, IN
    Our last Rifle 223 (Carbine) event of the year is scheduled for Oct. 12-13, 2019 at the Bedford Contingent range in Bedford, IN.

This course will focus on the tactical use of the carbine (AR-15, AK-47, etc.) from 7 to 200 yards. Topics that will be covered include:

• rules of safe gun handling
    • shooting fundamentals (stance, sight alignment, sight picture, proper trigger technique, etc.)
    • magazine changes (tactical reloads)
    • short-range marksmanship techniques
    • clearing malfunctions/stoppages
    • shooting from cover (barricades)
    • engaging moving targets (the Bedford Contingent has moving target capability)
    • shooting stances (standing, kneeling, prone)
    • battle-sight zero

Your event ticket will include all range fees and lunch on both days (usually some combination of burgers/dogs, fried chicken, ribs). We also typically have a Sunday morning informal church service at the range before training starts.

Our Rifle 223 events typically sell out, so make sure you get your ticket early (and take advantage of the $25 savings with the Early Bird ticket).

Complete information and online ticket sales are available at: Rifle 223 (Carbine) – Two Day (Bedford, IN)

nad63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Looks like it’s time to dust off those battle rifles and see if you are “well regulated”.
    Plenty of time to round up your gear and order ammo so no excuses.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    I still haven’t cleaned anything from the Larry Vickers class!

My backup rifle became my primary because my shiny new MCX wouldn’t hold zero !

Might need to shoot my MCX since it came back from SIG with a new barrel it should be able to group better than 5 inches at 50 yards now!

I guess I will be ready by class time !

Would not ever wanna miss a chance to become “well regulated”

nad63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    I still haven’t cleaned anything from the Larry Vickers class!

My backup rifle became my primary because my shiny new MCX wouldn’t hold zero !

Might need to shoot my MCX since it came back from SIG with a new barrel it should be able to group better than 5 inches at 50 yards now!

I guess I will be ready by class time !

Would not ever wanna miss a chance to become “well regulated”

Brad, 5” groups at 50 yards (you really have improved!)
    You know the routine. Come on out and put the MCX through it’s paces.
    For everyone else’s benefit this is a great class to shake out your gear and/or try something different and see what works for YOU.

stoneytoney

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 17, 2014
    indy
    Planning on attending this class. Hopefully I can drag my brother along. Will be our first class together

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    We're thinking up some evil new drills for y'all. I think you will enjoy what we're scheming up.

:shady:

nad63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bumping this one. Come on out and see how your set up works.
    This is a review of the basics and rolls into more advanced stuff at a fast pace.
    CQB door kicking distances out to 200 yards.
    Barricades.
    Malfunctions.
    Movement.
    Much, much more...
    This has something for everyone.
    I’m not sure you will find a better bang for you buck 2 day carbine course anywhere.
    Any questions just PM me.
    If you have taken this before there will be some new material so don’t let that hold you back.
    Everyone is a bad ass or squared away when they are sat on the couch!!!
    Come on out and put your gear to the test.
    This is a fun class.
    You can feel at home dressed as an ‘operator’ decked out in plates and helmet or a surfer dude with mags in your back pocket.
    You will not feel under dressed or overdressed so just come out and run your set up and see it it’s all you thought it was.
    There are only limited opportunities anywhere in the US for events like this and this is right here in Indiana less than an hour and a half from Indy (north side).

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    If I can get Monday off (I work third shift) I am in for this one hopefully. Really want to run my LWRC through it's paces really for the first time.

Gaffer

Shhhh.......
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2016
    Southern IN
    Bumping this one. Come on out and see how your set up works.

You can feel at home dressed as an ‘operator’ decked out in plates and helmet or a surfer dude with mags in your back pocket.
    You will not feel under dressed or overdressed so just come out and run your set up and see it it’s all you thought it was.

Cool, I guess I will be wearing my 'plates' and helmet!

chain.jpg

Ron

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    I'd really like to be here (again), but the obligations are still moving around...

Everyone remember to bring your best (loudest) heckling voices to help regulate your teammates.
    Give 'em something to think about while they're reloading and standing still in the open!

nad63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    If I can get Monday off (I work third shift) I am in for this one hopefully. Really want to run my LWRC through it's paces really for the first time.

Hope you can make it. Perfect gig to put your gat through it's paces and for you to bond.

nad63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    I had the wrong dates for this in my phone calendar for some reason (I had it on the 23rd/24th, which isn't even a weekend). Hopefully there is one early next year I can get to. I keep missing out.
    We are still working out dates for next year but will post them up when they are firmed up.
    There is one slated for June but typically we will do one late Feb as a way to kick off the year, blow out the cobwebs, get rid of the winter fat.....

nad63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Sign up today and save $25, last day for the early bird sign up. Half sold out already.
    Plenty of time to order ammo, mags, slings or anything else you’ve wanted.
    Use your $25 savings, you know you deserve it.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Looking forward to being there to help out Sunday. (Kids events Saturday) I've seen some of the messaging back and forth about drills and I don't want to spoil anything (this isn't my show) but I will say that I've seen some really good/fun drills being added to the syllabus.

dung

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2017
    Charlestwon
    I maybe shouldve asked before paying for the class, but is camping allowed at this one as well? I thought a few did at last years course.

Top Bottom