Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    How high would INGO rate an instructor that was teaching a class in flip flops? I would like to know if my opinion is way out of line on this one.

Tryin'

Victimized
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Does he know the material? Did he present it in an understandable and relevant manner? Was my skillset bettered for having been present?

It seems like a poor choice, and might be indicative of other issues, but I really don't care about ones choice of footwear.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    How high would INGO rate an instructor that was teaching a class in flip flops? I would like to know if my opinion is way out of line on this one.

Depends on the class, but for most shooting type classes, I don’t think the instructor’s footwear would have any impact on his rating whatsoever.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Poser fact: off the frickin' chart.

Pass on the poser.

6ee42a0e86a0fc4ac4ea04f1ed705388_1.jpg

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    Depends on the class, but for most shooting type classes, I don’t think the instructor’s footwear would have any impact on his rating whatsoever.

It would be interesting to see if said instructor could shoot through a flip flop strap blowout while on the move, or stumble and fall.:dunno:

harleymac1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 19, 2013
    Morgan County
    Classroom to each his own. Range, he is presenting himself to me as one who is not safety focused and that tells me it is time to leave.

USMC Veteran / Lifetime LTCH / Lifetime NRA Member

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    1/2 point more than teaching barefoot but I would assume his skills were as lacking and unprofessional as his choice of footwear. If he could shoot like Rob Leatham I would still get to my completely covered feet and find the exit.
    Can you give a clue as to where you observed this? Even Elmer Fudd always wore boots. :laugh:

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Aron Bright [/FONT]

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Flip-flops have their place. The pool, the beach, and as Vigilant mentioned in gang-shower environments. On the range? Not so much.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Probably not high. There was a thread years ago where many members basically said that any man wearing flip flops was at a tactical disadvantage.

Flip-flops have their place. The pool, the beach, and as Vigilant mentioned in gang-shower environments. On the range? Not so much.

He would rate at a 1 walking through the door. No matter who it is.

Instructor Zero level instructor would only score a 6 or 7 after demonstrating those mad skills. You may be damn good, but showing up unprofessionally dressed in footwear that isnt range appropriate, not to mention tactically unsound is not cool.

Nobody needs to see your nasty ass feet gentlemen, unless we are at the beach, etc. I know many others dont share that opinion, but you know what they say about opinions... :):

Last edited:

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I wear flip flops(how else are people going to see my pretty painted toes?) but I’m not teaching and i do my best to stay away from running and gunfights.

Top Bottom