• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ndavid45

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 83.3%
    10   2   0
    Apr 29, 2019
    Indianapolis
    I 'know someone' who works for an armed security company. This person was led to believe that the company did regular training courses for firearms, first aide and other things. He has came to realize this is not at all the case and the only training made available is an optional Intro to Handguns class designed for new gun owners. This person luckily works at sites that he is the only armed guard so he is not held back by others lack of training. He has recently taken a Defensive Handgun class and an Indiana gun law class. What other classes/instructors would be recommended for someone in this situation? He mostly works at an ER but occasionally works at apartment complexes. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thank you.:ingo:

whtsti2005

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Carmel
    If your friend is need of some good training I would highly recommend taking a class from Coach. I'm sure there are many others here that would agree.

derrickgoins

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    I’ve trained with Coach (sorry it’s been such a long time Coach) and would agree it’s top level instruction.

Definitely check out Defensive Shooting Concepts. I’ve trained there as well more recently. Very good stuff and top level instruction as well. The classes are typically held at Atlanta Conservation Club in northern Hamilton County but a new option has opened up recently and they done some building clearing training in Tipton, In. (next class is this Saturday!). Big focus on safety, tactics, and practical problem solving. Marksmanship, holster draws, shooting on the move, multiple target engagement, reloads (admin & tactical), malfunction drills, etc are all examples things that get covered in various drills and even under a timer in some cases.

Website is Central Indiana Firearms Training - Defensive Shooting Concepts and a couple of reviews are below.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...pts-defensive-pistol-concealed-carry-aar.html

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...anced-pistol-defensive-shooting-concepts.html

We are very fortunate to have such solid instruction available in Indiana. Good luck.

Ndavid45

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 83.3%
    10   2   0
    Apr 29, 2019
    Indianapolis
    Is there any difference between what is legal to do as a bystander vs an armed guard?

As far as firearms use no, we are just in riskier positions and potential targets depending on the location being worked. When it comes to asking people to leave a property yes, we can act on behalf of the property owner in most cases and have people trespassed if they do not leave willingly.

Corbon

Plinker
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 5, 2011
    Columbus
    If you would like I am willing to provide your friend a half day of training for free. I am a certified law enforcement instructor in handgun & patrol rifle, defensive tactics, knife defense, and chemical defense. My career has been as a security contractor working in close protection detail, facilities protection and some public law enforcement. Just PM me if he is interested and I will forward you my contact information.

Top Bottom