• ...and so much more!
  • Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    At one of my ranges today there was a man shooting a Remington Speedmaster. I had to step in as he was loading the gun in a dangerous manner. Worse yet, he was teaching his son the bad habit as well. It dawned on me there are CGO who have never seen a MTR before. I have several including semi autos and lever actions. My Real Marlin 97 is a whoot to shoot. Anyway, there are better ways to load these guns than covering your head and hands with the muzzle. Please get some training if your not sure how to do it.

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    I thought that we did away with rifles that load from the muzzle a long time ago :dunno:

Load from the side or the bottom, even the commies figured it out...

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    I think you need to make a YouTube instruction video Jim.

I would think the NSSF, NRA or the manufacturers have instructional videos but have not researched it. With magazine fed rifles the norm these days I’m not sure anyone deals with this. I’m not a big fan of Henry but perhaps they do since they have so many MTR in their lineup. Perhaps Revere Raiders deal with it in their training modules? I cover it in my training but do not do well producing videos.

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    Don't they all have that little cartridge shaped cutout in the tube? :dunno:
    You'd think it's self-explanatory.

The nice ones feed from the stock, so's you can keep the dangerous end pointed in a safe direction ALWAYS.
    Easier to top up that way too.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    If you shoot the gun to empty and leave the lever or the bolt held open, it's not going to be the end of the world if you brush your hand over the muzzle while pulling the magazine tube out.

Somehow, we all survived using "unsafe" front-loaded tube feed rifles for 150+ years.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    The nice ones feed from the stock, so's you can keep the dangerous end pointed in a safe direction ALWAYS.
    Easier to top up that way too.

I dunno... the "nice ones" are Marlin 39A's, and those aren't side/breech loading.

If you shoot the gun to empty and leave the lever or the bolt held open, it's not going to be the end of the world if you brush your hand over the muzzle while pulling the magazine tube out.

Somehow, we all survived using "unsafe" front-loaded tube feed rifles for 150+ years.
    Kind of my thought - lever open and avoid putting fleshy bits in front of the shooty hole... but it's not the end of the world if you don't.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    I dunno... the "nice ones" are Marlin 39A's, and those aren't side/breech loading.

Kind of my thought - lever open and avoid putting fleshy bits in front of the shooty hole... but it's not the end of the world if you don't.

to each their own but one should take the rules seriously as silly is what silly do. Besides levers are not the only MTR’s. I’m for learning it the right way or not at all.

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    I think that these magazine tube guns are far to dangerous for the common gun owner. They must all be "taken care of" for our own safety.

Being the selfless person that I am....I will "take care" of all those rifles so they do not endanger the rest of society. So shall it be written, so shall it be done!

Please send all rifles to Worddoer in Indiana. Donations to "take care" of these rifles would be appreciated.

Top Bottom