• ...and so much more!
  • NWIs&wShield

Plinker
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2017
    NWI
    [FONT=&amp]This is your chance to obtain this valuable certification to start your own instruction business, or to bolster your current teaching abilities with the outstanding USCCA Certified Instructor curriculum.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]Take this unique opportunity to attend this hard-to-find course in a Friday-Saturday setting! Be back home by Sunday.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]Become one of the few instructors in the Fort Wayne area![/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]Very accessible to the northern half of Indiana, and SW Michigan.

[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Friday, January 10, 8:30am-6:00pm[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]Saturday, January 11, 8:30am-4:00pm[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Class is limited to 12 students. Act fast to reserve your spot.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]Contact me at:[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]DefensiveCarryTraining@gmail.com[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]219-513-3212[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]http://defensivecarrytraining.com/certified-instructor[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Hosted in Fort Wayne, IN with easy interstate access.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]Meeting at Wyndham Hotel conference room,[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]5750 Challenger Pkwy., Fort Wayne.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]Discounted hotel room rate available.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]Many dining establishments close by.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]$347 for the two-day classroom Instructor course.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]$250 purchase of the Instructor Toolkit from the USCCA to equip you for your first teaching class.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]Upon successful certification, your toolkit will include:[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]--10 copies of the USCCA Concealed Carry and Home Defense Fundamentals textbook[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]--the classroom PowerPoint presentation[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]--a classroom poster[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]--10 copies of the USCCA Concealed Carry Magazine to present to your own students[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]--USCCA Instructor polo shirt[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]--USCCA Instructor hat[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]--the necessary e-learning module for you to complete 2 weeks prior the Certified Instructor classroom training
    [/FONT]
    The e-learning program will instruct you thoroughly in the USCCA curriculum and how it is to be taught.
    [FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Upon successfully completing this course, you will become a USCCA Certified Instructor, uniquely authorized to teach the USCCA courses:[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]--Concealed Carry Fundamentals [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]--Home Defense Fundamentals[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]--Basic Handgun[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]These courses have become the gold standard across the United States for law-abiding Americans seeking to obtain their concealed carry license. As a USCCA Certified Instructor, you will be trained and equipped to provide world-class instruction to students.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]You will have access to professional classroom materials, including a full set of PowerPoint presentations and classroom videos.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]During this two-day training course, you will be taught by a USCCA Training Counselor on a number of valuable topics, including:[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]--the top ten instructor mistakes, and how to avoid them[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]--teaching best practices[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]--learning styles of students[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]--presentation and practices[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]--safe classroom characteristics [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]--running a safe live-fire range[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]You will also have a chance to demonstrate your knowledge of the USCCA training material through a series of short presentations to a group of your peers, as well as running a live-fire range, guiding your peers through the safe completion of the USCCA course of fire.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]After completion of this course, you will not only be intimately familiar with the USCCA training methodology and materials, you will be a far better instructor and presenter, regardless of the topic of choice.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]This is not a "rubber-stamp" course where you merely attend to get a certification.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]A good attitude of being a learning is a huge plus![/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]Give yourself plenty of time to go over the e-learning modules more than once to become deeply familiar with the curriculum that you will be teaching.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]Doing this work WILL pay off for you![/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]You WILL be doing presentations in class on the material to build your skills and confidence, and yes, to iron out weaknesses.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Do not miss this opportunity![/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Benefits of being a USCCA Certified Instructor[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]--You will be able to advertise yourself and your classes under the USCCA brand, and will be prodded with USCCA logos for print materials, your website, social media, and apparel.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]--Your name and classes will be advertised on the USCCA website at no cost to you.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]--Your classes will be referred to those in search of a class near you by the USCCA Member Services team.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]--You will be able to provide your students with a USCCA certificate of training to they are able to apply for a CCW permit in their home state.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]--You will be able to earn commission on any students of yours that you refer to join the USCCA.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]--You will be afforded premium discounts on bulk textbook purchases starting at 46% for 1 case, 50% for 2 cases, 54% for 3 or more cases of Concealed Carry & Home Defense Fundamentals. Plus, free shipping (average of $20 per case).[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]--You will be able to purchase a case of the latest issue of Concealed Carry Magazine, the ultimate resource for self-reliant citizens, to give to your students. You will receive an 83% discount off the cover price per issue. Plus, free shipping.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]--You will be able to purchase additional USCCA branded curriculum at a discount and add certifications to your teaching ability, such as Emergency First Aid Fundamentals & CPR, Women's Handgun & Self-Defense Fundamentals, and Countering the Mass Shooter Threat.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]--You will have unrestricted access to the USCCA Instructor Portal where you will find presentation support videos, lesson plans, registration forms, student quizzes, state supplements, and more.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]--You will be qualified to apply to become a USCCA Training Counselor and certify other instructors.[/FONT]

Last edited:

NWIs&wShield

Plinker
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2017
    NWI
    Don't miss this opportunity!
    Start the new year by becoming a Certified Instructor with the USCCA.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Does a certified instructor have to pass some shooting qualifications in order to be certified? Is there a written test that must be passed in order to be certified?

NWIs&wShield

Plinker
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2017
    NWI
    Thank you for posting your questions!

Prior to the classroom portion of the training, each candidate completes online curriculum.
    Each module of the online training has a quiz that the candidate must pass to move on to the next module.
    This familiarizes the student with the USCCA material and textbook.

In the classroom, the 16 hours of training equip the candidate in teaching skills and refinement.
    Additionally, the student is given 5 to 7 opportunities to give teach-backs of the USCCA material to the class for evaluation by the Training Counselor.
    There is a written multiple-choice and True-False test at the end as part of the overall student evaluation.
    The student will also practice and demonstrate running a safe firing range/training of fellow students.

In the first day of the 2-day classroom training, there is a live-fire qualification.
    Details will be provided to students who enroll, but briefly stated, it is accomplished with 4 stages of multiple rounds of fire at three different self-defense distances.

Hope this answers your questions.
    Please feel free to reach out for more information!

--Dan

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I appreciate the answers and the details. In the OP the "gold standard" comment caught my eye.

My disdain for NRA certifications is large. Was curious if this was actually better.

I know of one NRA traing couselor who waves or fakes the shooting test. Which blows my mind. I also know there are a ton of instructors who are certified that cannot shoot and are not even ashamed of it.

NWIs&wShield

Plinker
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2017
    NWI
    Coach,

Thanks for the feedback.
    The "gold standard" language is borrowed from the USCCA's own description of the training material.
    However, being certified through them, I am an advocate for their system.
    I personally believe that it is the best, most thorough training a person can get for defensive, concealed carry, or home defense purposes.

The support and resources the USCCA makes available to us instructors is tremendous in helping to build your own identity and business.

Let me know if there's any other information I can give!
    --Dan

Corbon

Plinker
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 5, 2011
    Columbus
    Hi Coach,

While this qualification is a step up from the NRA’s it is still untimed and does not require the instructor candidate to perform any skills such as presentation, reloads, malfunctions, getting of the X, challenge commands, or time limits. All of which are covered in the material but not required the instructor candidate to demonstrate competency in, let alone instruct. This is why I add four hours of range time to my instructor courses where I cover these basic skills in depth and have the candidate perform teach backs. This segment is not required by the USCCA but a critical addition to my instructor courses as the need for development does exists. As I mentioned in the post you started “USCCA” it is important that new instructors receive continued support and development after certification so they can develop competency in both the classroom and on the range. I explain to my instructors that this certification only gains you the right to use and present this material to your students. But there is so much more work you must do in order to be what I consider a instructor. Furthermore, as said by Bruce Siddle, I explain that training people to survive in conflict is the only recognized profession that trains students to protect lives by the taking of another. It is also one of a few professions in which the instructor’s competence may be the difference between the life and death of the student or the general public. Subsequently, Instructors have a moral and legal obligation to constantly research methods to enhance training and, ultimately, to ensure the survival of their students. So I ask them a hard question, what kind of instructor do you want to be? Do you want to stand in front of a class and discuss defensive shooting and the skills required to do such only to take them to the range and have them do marksmanship shooting. Or do you want to have the ability to teach them the life saving defensive shooting skills both in the class and on range in order to save lives. One training psychology leaves the student without the necessary skills to survive while the other psychology proves that you have accepted your responsibility as a survival instructor and forces you to continue your development. The industry is plagued with instructors that only have the ability to teach marksmanship skills, and sadly enough as you explained, can’t even perform a basic marksmanship qualification. In my instructor class you have to perform the qualification cold and only get one attempt at it. My expectation is that a instructor should be able to perform this cold and on demand. If you fail you will have to meet with me on other days to work on your abilities in order to pass another cold attempt. When the course is over the USCCA allows us to suspend them getting their certification until I clear the candidate. While this sounds good it takes a dedicated and disciplined TC to do this as you get no extra compensation for doing this. Only the satisfaction that you are doing the best you can getting folks started as a entry level instructor. So I see why you know a NRA TC who lies allowing candidates to pass who do not even meet the stupidly simple qualification they have. This is grievous evil and I believe that these acts are done by those with no honor, pride or integrity. I firmly believe that if the USCCA found out about a TC doing this, they would investigate and pull his credentials. Thanks for the post and the opportunity to share my thoughts to a experienced fellow instructor.

Respectfully Yours,

Instructor Brett

"A Warrior is not only identifiable on the battlefield, but also through the consistency and intensity in which he trains.” – Brett Dicks

Last edited:

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    It truly sounds as though you have the motivation and skills to provide this training for the USCCA. We agree on many points in comparison to the deliverance of the NRA training Materials. Like most training modules today there is some form of good take away in most of them. The dead I horse I keep beating though is this. I think the place and time for any specialized training (advanced equipment or segments of the what if crowd) should only be tapped for resources AFTER the student has shown his commitment to the hard work and discipline to reach his very best skill set. After all anything to do with getting there is ability driven. Each of us have our own handicaps to work around to getting to a better marksmanship level. Money, resources, physical ability, eyesight, age, etc all play an important role in this journey. Each week I have students that range from very beginners to seasoned shooters. Between this and what I see at various competitions across the country many have bypassed the training, the effort, the round count needed to achieve, the attention to detail on equipment, and the dedicated practice it takes to get there. I see dropped guns, fingers in trigger guard, faulty ammo, negligent discharges, muzzle sweeps, poor presentation, grip stance etc. But yet some of these students or competitors have been to some very good training camps on scenario fighting and other things. It sounds as if your qualification of a cold exercise sets a standard for your training, however I believe the students above would be better off to master the entire fundamentals of shooting before spending time and money on anything else. Please understand I am in no way finding fault with USCCA or many other training programs. Quite simply the responsibility lies with the armed citizen. Please understand that there is a difference in being judgemental and stating facts. Many may not agree with this but it doesn't keep me from saying it.

Corbon

Plinker
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 5, 2011
    Columbus
    Trapper Jim,

Excellent comments and I could not agree more. My dream would be that all candidates have decided to come to the Instructor Certification Course because it is a natural next step in their development. However about 80% decided to come because of the passion for shooting but lack much substance in knowledge and skills. This is really noticeable when I start teaching the physical skills on the range and their eyes get big and jaws drop. It is evident that some have never even seen the skills performed let alone the verbal explanation that goes along with it. However this is the world as it really is and I do my best to get this folks up to speed but sometimes they just don't have the mind-muscle connection to do it. In this case I encourage them to teach a basic handgun course and focus on instructing in the fundamentals while taking more time to train themselves before teaching Concealed Carry. Thanks for the awesome discussion and I take none of your valued commentary as a insult to me or the USCCA. Instead I have benefitted by your and Coach’s thoughts.

Corbon

Plinker
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 5, 2011
    Columbus
    I think we can all be critical of others in relation to our expectations, and I am no different. It is hard for me to see instructors focus on one combative discipline. I believe that as instructors we should be competently certified in subjects like defensive tactics, knife defense, etc to broaden our scope and instructional capabilities. But I can understand why I have this bias. For over 22 years I carried a gun for my career and in the agencies I worked for I could see my peers respond in silos. Witnessing myself first hand comrades having difficulties connecting the dots between levels of use of force, technique selection and deployment. Another bias that I have is my imposed expectation on instructors when it comes to physical fitness. I have a internal belief that physical capacity drives higher levels of performance both in training and on the battlefield. I have said for years that high level of physical fitness make you a force multiplier. Because I impose this expectation on myself, I believe all trainers should be fit and that is not right. It is easy for us to look at ourself and make ourselves a standard in which we push on others. Perhaps because we see excellence in those we aspire to and impose their abilities on ourself. I was surprised when this year I was reading some works from Pat McNamara and he also agrees that higher levels of physical fitness “becomes a battlefield multiplier, which in turn becomes a force multiplier”.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    I think we can all be critical of others in relation to our expectations, and I am no different. It is hard for me to see instructors focus on one combative discipline. I believe that as instructors we should be competently certified in subjects like defensive tactics, knife defense, etc to broaden our scope and instructional capabilities. But I can understand why I have this bias. For over 22 years I carried a gun for my career and in the agencies I worked for I could see my peers respond in silos. Witnessing myself first hand comrades having difficulties connecting the dots between levels of use of force, technique selection and deployment. Another bias that I have is my imposed expectation on instructors when it comes to physical fitness. I have a internal belief that physical capacity drives higher levels of performance both in training and on the battlefield. I have said for years that high level of physical fitness make you a force multiplier. Because I impose this expectation on myself, I believe all trainers should be fit and that is not right. It is easy for us to look at ourself and make ourselves a standard in which we push on others. Perhaps because we see excellence in those we aspire to and impose their abilities on ourself. I was surprised when this year I was reading some works from Pat McNamara and he also agrees that higher levels of physical fitness “becomes a battlefield multiplier, which in turn becomes a force multiplier”.

I totally get this and appreciate where you are coming from. However this forum and anything shooting today is made up of mostly a guns for defense category. There is nothing wrong in that as after all, this thread pertains to CCW. The clearer picture comes from an outline of what we need to do to get to where and why we want to be there. For instance, when one puts the reason (self defense) in front of the process of developing good shooting skill, things get bypassed. In other words the focus is on the end result and not the process. CCW is not the ONLY reason to have a gun. It is just one of them. There are many gunowners that do not carry in this crowd. Take those who hunt, collect, trade, build, handload and participate in the shooting sports with the dedication, discipline, hard work and commitment to being a student of the gun. This person can easily use the gun or apply it to Whatever reason he sees fit (defense included). I am a firm believer of learning the foundation of shooting before the application of reason for shooting. We are becoming a nation of short cuts and this is one of them I will not give up on. Build a great foundation with a good trainer, practice, practice, practice. When you are an accomplished shootist and reached your personal best skill set, then choose your application. Put on the ability driven accessories, fighting techniques or defense modules as you can drive them. You will always have your strong foundation to adapt to whatever comes your way.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom