• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • harleymac1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 19, 2013
    Morgan County
    If I fully understand the USCCA instructor model you pay the big bucks to go through their training and once they tap you on the head with the sword you are on your own. You have the right to use their materials but you are basically on your own. My guess is he used the USCCA resource to advertise his other class he is certified to teach. But, I am with you, what will USCCA do when they figure out he is advertising the "other' brand? If USCCA does not take a cut of every class, maybe they don't care? It does appear as a conflict of interest.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I was curious and looked for classes near me. Four different instructors in the area. I have only met one of the four.

I found it interesting that I could not find a CV of any type on the four. One did not even use his last name just an initial.

Curious.

I know where some of their materials are located. I am going to give it a look tonight if I can find the time.

Corbon

Plinker
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 5, 2011
    Columbus
    Hi Coach! That is a really good question and I am glad you bring that up. Myself being a USCCA Instructor, I could have just replied with why I think they do but instead I simply called the instructor support line, very nice to be able to pick up the phone and talk to them directly, great support, and asked them. There were two main reasons why they allow this. First, this site was developed to help instructors publish their course and get students. Some instructors don't have a website or any marketing so this site helps them get students. Second, one of the missions of the USCCA is to further the cause of having trained responsible armed citizens in America. Not allowing instructors to post other courses, even if it is from the competition, would be in direct conflict with this mission.

Instructor Brett

"A Warrior is not only identifiable on the battlefield, but also through the consistency and intensity in which he trains.” – Brett Dicks

Last edited:

Corbon

Plinker
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 5, 2011
    Columbus
    Harleymac1,

What you have been told about being completely on your own could not be any farther from the truth. The USCCA provides continuous support for all instructors both on their instructor support phone-line and with their network of Training Counselors. A TC’s relationship does not stop when a new instructor gets certified but rather just begins. We provide continued support for instructors by attending their courses and assisting them, meeting with them to work on their own skills, coaching them on their presentations, etc at no cost. Also I host nationally recognized instructors so they get the opportunity to have local access to training that furthers their abilities. I am not the only TC that continues to support instructors as this is the responsibility of all USCCA Training Counselors. It really is more of a family network of instructors who are supported by all.

Instructor Brett

"A Warrior is not only identifiable on the battlefield, but also through the consistency and intensity in which he trains.” – Brett Dicks

Last edited:
    Top Bottom