• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • firefighterjohn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2010
    Took the Hoosier State Training class this past Saturday "HST: Self-Defense AR Carbine". It was a great learning experience and highly recommend it! Mr. Dan Burch is a very serious, dynamic, common sense instructor that shows you what works and what doesn't. Weapon safety was a HUGE point right from the start. The skills presented are tailored for carbine close quarters. I've been shooting for years...and he could tell: "John, you're an old-school rifle shooter." That said, I had to learn many new skills and techniques, but it all made sense! Learning the different loads and malfunction clearing drills was key leading to live fire drills. It was a great value with lots of individual attention making sure you 'get it right'. He leaves you with many skills to practice at home...sure hope I can remember them all. At times he said: "Feel like you're drinking from a fire hose?" Ya, Dan, it sure did...but it was very worthwhile and fun. He even took the time; after a long strenuous day, to answer some of my questions about pistol shooting. Thanks again Dan, it was a great day!

I'll be back...plan on taking more classes next year: Self-Defense Tactical Shotgun and the Self-Defense Carbine – Vehicle and Darkness Gunfighting. Sure wish I would have known about his classes several years ago. Check it out for yourself, you will NOT be disappointed.

http://www.hoosierstatetraining.com/training-events.html

https://www.facebook.com/hst.llc

Top Bottom