Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Judging by the picture no. Covering the ejection port is a bad idea. Was this a test?

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Jesus ****ing Christ, are you still wrapped around the pole about ****ing ADVERTISING AND PRODUCTION COMPANIES? The NRA DOES NOT , I REPEAT DOES NOT, do the photography for these publications? What the actual **** are you trying to prove?

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Here’s a question. Since you look down on most everything outside of what you teach, WTF are YOUR qualifications? Do you have certificates/certifications? Or do you just KNOW? When was your LAST continuing education class, and who provided it? Your condescending attitude is ****ed up, and frankly I’m tired of it. Take that with what you will since I am a nobody, but you espouse your ability, with no ****ing proof. Put up, or shut up!!!!!

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    85f18bc8d3d4916b895727ec338816ca.gif

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    Jesus ****ing Christ, are you still wrapped around the pole about ****ing ADVERTISING AND PRODUCTION COMPANIES? The NRA DOES NOT , I REPEAT DOES NOT, do the photography for these publications? What the actual **** are you trying to prove?

sorry Mr Observant. This is not about advertising but an authors photo on how to charge his firearm. Good luck on your anger management.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    This thread was to be enlightening and educational for those that might use this method to charge their chambers. Shameful it was hijacked.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    This thread was to be enlightening and educational for those that might use this method to charge their chambers. Shameful it was hijacked.

What might be more helpful would be to actually explain the "wrong" action that you find so egregious, rather than continuing to post vague one liners and a photo with no context while expecting the rest of us to guess as to the alleged offensive action.

If the goal is to help others learn, providing the example along with an explanation with what you feel is the proper technique might aid in the education process.

I'm not sure why you feel a two word OP would be "enlightening and educational."

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    What might be more helpful would be to actually explain the "wrong" action that you find so egregious, rather than continuing to post vague one liners and a photo with no context while expecting the rest of us to guess as to the alleged offensive action.

If the goal is to help others learn, providing the example along with an explanation with what you feel is the proper technique might aid in the education process.

I'm not sure why you feel a two word OP would be "enlightening and educational."
    If you knew everything, you’d already know what he was talking about?

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia

the OP was quick and educational and with no personal attacks and for those that can’t see it well... maybe some learning can be did. I’m sure many do not charge their firearms like this.

jlw

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2018
    Georgia

the OP was quick and educational and with no personal attacks and for those that can’t see it well... maybe some learning can be did. I’m sure many do not charge their firearms like this.

I looked at the thread earlier when it was just the OP, and my first reaction was "Huh?". There was no context to illustrate the meaning of the photo.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Without context guess I have a hard time seeing this as major issue.

Would this method be recommended to clear a malfunction during an active gun fight? Probably not. But is it appropriate as a technique for someone with weak hands who has trouble working a slide and is loading a round into the chamber before sticking the gun in a holster or nightstand? Sure.

If there is no round in the chamber then there's no round to eject, so putting a hand over the ejection port really doesn't matter. And yeah, I get the whole muscle memory argument; train like you plan to fight and all that.

I think encouraging discussion is great, but without context, but IMHO a two word post does little to achieve that goal.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    Without context guess I have a hard time seeing this as major issue.

Would this method be recommended to clear a malfunction during an active gun fight? Probably not. But is it appropriate as a technique for someone with weak hands who has trouble working a slide and is loading a round into the chamber before sticking the gun in a holster or nightstand? Sure.

If there is no round in the chamber then there's no round to eject, so putting a hand over the ejection port really doesn't matter. And yeah, I get the whole muscle memory argument; train like you plan to fight and all that.

I think encouraging discussion is great, but without context, but IMHO a two word post does little to achieve that goal.

now we can discuss. Little context leaves the remarks wide open as to who sees what and what they don’t see identifying the need for the thread reply to help himself. Having a disability is even more reason to learn a better method of charging your pistol. Extreme disfigurement aside, using the method in the picture over learning a better way unfortunately happens every day. There is a process, it can be taught to charge easily. Good trainers teach it every day.

Last edited:

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    using the method in the picture over learning a better way unfortunately happens every day. There is a process, it can be taught to charge easily. Good trainers teach it every day.

How would you describe the picture and commentary in the OP Trapper Jim?

With lots of detail please.

Agreed. Please explain in detail with example photos. If your method is superior in all circumstances, I am sure most of us on this board would like that information. If it is only superior under certain conditions, then please elaborate on when this would and would not apply.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom