Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sigblitz View Post
    I prefer to flee from knives if I can.
    I have found that my initial reaction is to grab the blade and start fighting, then realize how stupid that was later.
    Last edited by Gabriel; 1 Week Ago at 22:04.
    Medium speed. Moderate drag.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    I have found that my initial reaction is to grab the blade and start fighting, then realize how stupid that was later.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sigblitz View Post
    It's been quite a while since someone has tried to stab me (probably a decade), so hopefully I come up with a less idiotic method of resolving the situation next time.
    Medium speed. Moderate drag.

User Info Menu

Oh, I thought that was a joke. Ouch!

Midnight Rider

User Info Menu

Everyone should do some knife defense classes to effectively get by the fear they have of a blade.

You don't have to be a MMA wizard to know a few evasive techniques to get enough time and distance to put your pistol to work. Of course, then it would really really pay off to be mighty efficient in the draw and front sight.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Done, done, and Iím on to the next one...
    -----------------------------------------------

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bwframe View Post
    Everyone should do some knife defense classes to effectively get by the fear they have of a blade.

You don't have to be a MMA wizard to know a few evasive techniques to get enough time and distance to put your pistol to work. Of course, then it would really really pay off to be mighty efficient in the draw and front sight.
    Aww sheesh, I already bought the gun and holster, now you want me to take classes?

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Vigilant View Post
    Aww sheesh, I already bought the gun and holster, now you want me to take classes?
    That is not absolutely necessary, but it is the faster and cheaper way for most people.
    No one is stronger or more dangerous than the man who can harness his emotions.

www.BrightFirearmsTraining.com

abright@ccrtc.com

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bwframe View Post

This sounds fun to test.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by breakingcontact View Post
    Agree and it is more of a mixed martial arts fight than a boxing match.

Need to be competent at everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Whitesettlement texas says different.
    If the first guy had seen it earlier and reacted sooner/faster there may have been more than one effective solution. Lot of ways to what-if things.

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jackson View Post
    If the first guy had seen it earlier and reacted sooner/faster there may have been more than one effective solution. Lot of ways to what-if things.
    The point of good situational awareness is to see the threat coming. That provides options in many cases.

No one is stronger or more dangerous than the man who can harness his emotions.

www.BrightFirearmsTraining.com

abright@ccrtc.com

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast