• ...and so much more!
  • gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I'm going to put a plug in for this class. Take it if you can. I'd take it again but in March I will still be buried trying to get my final inside phase of my home reno done.

I will also say this even though it's in the course description: don't bring your brand new firearm that you are not intimately familiar with. The pace of this course is such that having to learn the manual of arms on a new firearm or having other issues will not only detract from you getting the most out of it, but will slow down the overall pace resulting in not getting everything the instructors have planned.

Also, make sure your gear is up to par. You don't need a lot, but you have time between now and then to get a good belt and holster. Pick up a few more mags if you only have a couple now.

Do some practice with your gear. Get your pistol out and practice some reloads, some slide manipulation (if it's a semi-auto), know the controls. Make sure the firearm fits the holster and doesn't drag your pants down or flop over when holstered.

And I wouldn't bring your deep conceal sub-compact to this class. Sure, if you have time behind it, it will work. But you will be better served with something that has a 4" barrel or larger.

It probably won't be hot, but take plenty of water anyway. And good shoes. You will be standing on gravel for several hours. I know I need some. I'm currently looking for a lightweight, cool breathing boot so I can wear it for such classes during the summer.

All that said, if I am in error Jake, please correct me. This is just my input based on my experience and my input is worth the price I charge.:)

I really liked this class and will probably take it again later in the year.

rbsangler

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    Lizton
    I am ready to sign up for this. Question.....it is suggested that participants have been through pistol 100. I have not and do not see a pistol 100 offering on the schedule anywhere. whats your thoughts. NOTE: Have been through countless rifle courses with reveres riders.....just not any pistol.

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    I am ready to sign up for this. Question.....it is suggested that participants have been through pistol 100. I have not and do not see a pistol 100 offering on the schedule anywhere. whats your thoughts. NOTE: Have been through countless rifle courses with reveres riders.....just not any pistol.

I'll let Jake take a swing at this one, but if you can safely manipulate and handle your pistol, have a good holster and belt, can hit a 6" square at 7m on demand, you should be good to go.

Jake?

gopher

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Zionsville, IN

Pistol 100 is a SUGGESTED prerequisite; Obijohn outlined the alternative standards for evaluating if you are ready to take this course. If you can satisfy those requirements (with an emphasis on being SAFE with your pistol), you should be good to go.

We are working on finalizing our 2020 schedule right now. We will hopefully have a couple of Pistol 100 courses on offer, but it looks like these will be later in the year (i.e., after the March Pistol 145). There are several options for folks to stay up-to-date on our upcoming events:

Hope to see you at one or more of our 2020 events!

rbsangler

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    Lizton
    Thanks everyone.....I am still considering. I hesitate because I have not had the SUGGESTED training. I will see if any Pistol 100 classes get added to the schedule this year.

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Thanks everyone.....I am still considering. I hesitate because I have not had the SUGGESTED training. I will see if any Pistol 100 classes get added to the schedule this year.

You have always handled your rifle safely and fairly squared away if I remember correctly. If your pistol handling is similar, you’d be ok to take this course. It’s not designed for operators but rather the everyday day citizen who wants to or currently does carry a pistol for personal protection and wants to improve their skills and understanding of defensive scenarios. I hope you do sign up.

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    Class went well. A bit chilly, but tolerable. We stayed under the 10 person gathering and maintained distance. Good, attentive and safe students. Thanks again to the students and Revere's Riders.

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Class went well. A bit chilly, but tolerable. We stayed under the 10 person gathering and maintained distance. Good, attentive and safe students. Thanks again to the students and Revere's Riders.

Thanks John for putting on the course and it was definitely a great day

brchixwing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Nov 13, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Thanks again RR & ACT for another awesome class! Always learn a ton when I train with you! Today's class helped me highlight flaws in my shooting, definitely need to improve how I throttle between precision and speed. Looking forward to your next training!

Thanks John for putting on the course and it was definitely a great day

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I took away a lot from this class. Not just the Hank drill, but some stuff to work on at home too. This class was an excellent value and a lot of the takeaways and practice tips cost nothing to implement.

Top Bottom