Join INGunOwners For Free
    Grandmaster

User Info Menu

After a shooting at church

No one is stronger or more dangerous than the man who can harness his emotions.

www.BrightFirearmsTraining.com

abright@ccrtc.com

User Info Menu

Tagging for later.
    INGOer #18,319

Plinker

User Info Menu

I've never been involved with any security team training, but there seems to be some good information in the article. I wish my church had a security team.

User Info Menu

Greg's site is worth a regular weekly visit. Lots of good content.
    Nothing is everything, but everything is something. - Ayoob

Sharpshooter

User Info Menu

Good Training.
    What do people think about tying the bad guy up, assuming there might be a chance that he is still living like this article assumes? (As opposed to just covering him) I know you don't want to disturb the evidence, but immobilizing the bad guy is what the zip ties in the sound booth are for.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ditcherman View Post
    Good Training.
    What do people think about tying the bad guy up, assuming there might be a chance that he is still living like this article assumes? (As opposed to just covering him) I know you don't want to disturb the evidence, but immobilizing the bad guy is what the zip ties in the sound booth are for.
    Might as well kick the gun away while you're doing that.

Plinker

User Info Menu

I think the guy who killed the murderer in the Texas church did it right, 100% right.

Only thought I have is maybe there needs to be a "welcome party" at the front door for those who want to kill people inside...and if enough red lights go off...stop him before even entering the church. It appears the church goers knew this guy, as he begged for money from the place in the past and got pissed when they gave food instead of cash? Have the security team know who he is, what he looks like, etc.

After shooting thought---tunnel vision on the murderer, what if he has an accomplice or 5 in the congregation?

I will say again though---this place did it right, they stopped the murderer before he finished his plan. Good on them.