• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bullitstang1313

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Columbus
    So I'm trying to be very deliberate with my dry fire training this year. I'm working on a schedule and want to ensure I do a regimented dry fire training. One of the things that I've been thinking about doing is to take several of the USPSA Classifier stages and other drills and breaking down the elements of them. For example, one day I'd work exclusively on the draw type necessary for the stage. The next day I would work on any reloads required for the stage. Then work on any movement required for the stage. Then work on target transitions. Lastly, I want to try and put it all together and practice the stage in its entirety. Just wondering if anyone is using or has used one of these CoolFire trainer systems? https://coolfiretrainer.com/ Has anyone used one? I can't get to the range often enough for actually live fire practice, so I want to make the most out of my dry fire practice. I realize the recoil won't be the same, but I'm thinking more along the lines of forcing myself to reacquire the front sight and feel the trigger reset. Thoughts?

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    I've been asking them to make one for my EDC since I met them at the NRAAM last year in Indy. Solid hardware, from everything I've seen and experienced.

bullitstang1313

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Columbus
    I was hoping for some real life experiences. I've watched several of the YouTube videos, but most are endorsements. Only seen a few real reviews. Most seem to say the same, "if it gets you to train more, then good." I guess at the end of the day I've got to decide if it takes $300+ tool to make that happen.

dekindy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2020
    Noblesville
    Call them, they are easy to get on the phone unless they are at a show. Met John, their technician, and Eric, sales and expert shooter, at NRA Indianapolis. Purchased for my Beretta 92G LTT and do not regret it. Get co2 at Dick's.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

bullitstang1313

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Columbus
    Call them, they are easy to get on the phone unless they are at a show. Met John, their technician, and Eric, sales and expert shooter, at NRA Indianapolis. Purchased for my Beretta 92G LTT and do not regret it. Get co2 at Dick's.

Did you go with a laser? I have a laserlyte laser I got as a gift. Seems more distracting. Feel like it prevents me from really focusing on my sights. Just wondered if you had any experience.

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    132   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    I have the cool fire system for M&P pistol. It works good, the recoil is stronger then I expected not quite as much as live fire but it will make work on your grip some...
    The main downside is you have to recharge the pistol after 5 or 6 trigger pulls.
    It's easy enough to recharge I just wanted more trigger pulls per charge.
    Other then that I like it

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    I have the cool fire system for M&P pistol. It works good, the recoil is stronger then I expected not quite as much as live fire but it will make work on your grip some...
    The main downside is you have to recharge the pistol after 5 or 6 trigger pulls.
    It's easy enough to recharge I just wanted more trigger pulls per charge.
    Other then that I like it

That is a disappointing number of "shots" per charge. I'd at least want it to match a typical magazine.

dekindy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2020
    Noblesville
    If you follow their directions and use a cup warmer to bring the CO2 to the recommended temperature, 15 shots should be average assuming single shots and doubletaps. They also have a couple of larger capacity options but you will have to shoot from the ready.

Watching the multitude of short youtube videos by their technician will get you max benefit.

dekindy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2020
    Noblesville
    Did you go with a laser? I have a laserlyte laser I got as a gift. Seems more distracting. Feel like it prevents me from really focusing on my sights. Just wondered if you had any experience.
    You can get an invisible laser if the visible is distracting.

dekindy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2020
    Noblesville
    LASR (Laser Activated Shot Reporter) records your shots like a target and also has a shot timer. Inexpensive camera and mount and laptop will run it.

Top Bottom