• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Onionsanddragons

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 13, 2014
    Terre Haute
    What is the best range or club in the area to do practical drilling and practice?

I’ve seen a lot of the ranges rules either rule out drawing from holsters, specific holster positions (less important because I can do dry practice for refamiliarization) or firing more than one round per second.

I was probably spoiled by the freedom of just don’t be a damned idiot at RCC.

Does anyone know the general standard for drawing from holster allowances at Parabellum (looking at you @Coach)? I’ve been to classes, have certs from Givens, Langdon and a few other serious teachers.

Thanks for any info and stay safe out there!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Onionsanddragons

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 13, 2014
    Terre Haute
    Northwest.

Pretty sure I’ve taken a class at Atlanta and it was in my wheelhouse. Probably too far for me for a regular haunt though. I think parabellum is about 20 min drive from our home.

I read in the range rules for parabellum that holster work was allowed w prior approval. I just didn’t want to assume what that meant.

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    Northwest.

Pretty sure I’ve taken a class at Atlanta and it was in my wheelhouse. Probably too far for me for a regular haunt though. I think parabellum is about 20 min drive from our home.

I read in the range rules for parabellum that holster work was allowed w prior approval. I just didn’t want to assume what that meant.

I work from the holster there every time I go. Never asked permission. Didn't know I needed to.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Well that’s encouraging. I’m guessing it’s just there to justify remediation or ejection of someone acting a fool.

Dont act the fool, and before you start drawing, lower the range table first. (so you dont accidentally bang your gun on the bottom of the table as you raise the gun.) The tables lower by reaching under the right hand side and sliding a bolt to the left as I recall. If you are unsure or cant find the release, find a RSO and ask how to lower the table out of your way so you can draw. That act alone will indicate you are likely squared away enough to trust drawing your gun. (there were signs up the last time I shot there mentioning dropping the table, but its been a while since I shot there)

Onionsanddragons

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 13, 2014
    Terre Haute
    Dont act the fool, and before you start drawing, lower the range table first. (so you dont accidentally bang your gun on the bottom of the table as you raise the gun.) The tables lower by reaching under the right hand side and sliding a bolt to the left as I recall. If you are unsure or cant find the release, find a RSO and ask how to lower the table out of your way so you can draw. That act alone will indicate you are likely squared away enough to trust drawing your gun. (there were signs up the last time I shot there mentioning dropping the table, but its been a while since I shot there)

Thank you for the sage advice!

stoneytoney

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 17, 2014
    indy
    I second with going to Parabellum. We just got done with shooting weekly matches from September til now. They’re turning monthly now. Highly recommend to make this your home range. Been in Indy my whole life and refuse to go anywhere else.

dekindy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2020
    Noblesville
    Check out Atlanta Conservation Club and Bare Arms at Fox Prairie(formerly Fox Prairie Gun Range).

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Top Bottom