Join INGunOwners For Free

User Info Menu

Recently Relocated to Indy, Looking for a Range of Club

What is the best range or club in the area to do practical drilling and practice?

Iíve seen a lot of the ranges rules either rule out drawing from holsters, specific holster positions (less important because I can do dry practice for refamiliarization) or firing more than one round per second.

I was probably spoiled by the freedom of just donít be a damned idiot at RCC.

Does anyone know the general standard for drawing from holster allowances at Parabellum (looking at you @Coach)? Iíve been to classes, have certs from Givens, Langdon and a few other serious teachers.

Thanks for any info and stay safe out there!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

What part of Indy?

Parabellum allows drawing.

https://indyrange.net/ allows drawing on the bays.

https://www.atlantaconservationclub.com/ probably allows what you're looking for.

User Info Menu

Northwest.

Pretty sure Iíve taken a class at Atlanta and it was in my wheelhouse. Probably too far for me for a regular haunt though. I think parabellum is about 20 min drive from our home.

I read in the range rules for parabellum that holster work was allowed w prior approval. I just didnít want to assume what that meant.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Onionsanddragons View Post
    Northwest.

Pretty sure Iíve taken a class at Atlanta and it was in my wheelhouse. Probably too far for me for a regular haunt though. I think parabellum is about 20 min drive from our home.

I read in the range rules for parabellum that holster work was allowed w prior approval. I just didnít want to assume what that meant.

I work from the holster there every time I go. Never asked permission. Didn't know I needed to.

User Info Menu

Well thatís encouraging. Iím guessing itís just there to justify remediation or ejection of someone acting a fool.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Onionsanddragons View Post
    Well thatís encouraging. Iím guessing itís just there to justify remediation or ejection of someone acting a fool.

Dont act the fool, and before you start drawing, lower the range table first. (so you dont accidentally bang your gun on the bottom of the table as you raise the gun.) The tables lower by reaching under the right hand side and sliding a bolt to the left as I recall. If you are unsure or cant find the release, find a RSO and ask how to lower the table out of your way so you can draw. That act alone will indicate you are likely squared away enough to trust drawing your gun. (there were signs up the last time I shot there mentioning dropping the table, but its been a while since I shot there)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Freeman View Post
    A confused cop is an arresty cop.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierdoc View Post
    also, where do we sign up to touch Frank's equipment?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cameramonkey View Post
    Dont act the fool, and before you start drawing, lower the range table first. (so you dont accidentally bang your gun on the bottom of the table as you raise the gun.) The tables lower by reaching under the right hand side and sliding a bolt to the left as I recall. If you are unsure or cant find the release, find a RSO and ask how to lower the table out of your way so you can draw. That act alone will indicate you are likely squared away enough to trust drawing your gun. (there were signs up the last time I shot there mentioning dropping the table, but its been a while since I shot there)
    Thank you for the sage advice!

Plinker

User Info Menu

I second with going to Parabellum. We just got done with shooting weekly matches from September til now. Theyíre turning monthly now. Highly recommend to make this your home range. Been in Indy my whole life and refuse to go anywhere else.