Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Willingness

Plinker

User Info Menu

Willingness

A few months ago, Gila Hayes, of the Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network (ACLDN) interviewed me about developing the right mindset to deal with violent crime. The transcript of the interview wound up being over 5,000 words. While weíre all stuck at home this might be a good time to brush up on this important topic. See

https://rangemaster.com/wp-content/u...ingness_v2.pdf

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

I read through it yesterday. A good read not a hard read at all. Don't let the word count scare you away.

It seems the two big problems are that people do not want to believe they are in danger from criminals, and they want someone else to solve their problems for them.
    No one is stronger or more dangerous than the man who can harness his emotions.

www.BrightFirearmsTraining.com

abright@ccrtc.com

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    I read through it yesterday. A good read not a hard read at all. Don't let the word count scare you away.

It seems the two big problems are that people do not want to believe they are in danger from criminals, and they want someone else to solve their problems for them.
    Bingo.

And as the light of reality is shining brightly right now many of those folks are freaking the heck out and scrambling.
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

Plinker

User Info Menu

Wow.
    That was worth reading every word. I'm inspired to increase my training and preparedness.

Plinker

User Info Menu

Iíve got a stupid question. Per the law, where is the line of self defense? I obviously understand if I donít act that it may not matter because I will likely be shot (or gravely injured). And I know you canít hesitate. So if you have a carry license, is it okay (per the law) to defend yourself with a gun when you perceive a violent threat? Iím not trying to incite any argument here, just looking for personal advice. I have always struggled with this question. I mean, you donít have time to contemplate ďcan I prove this was self defense?Ē.

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

You are justified in using deadly force in Indiana if you or a third party is threatened with death or grave injurythe person is committing a forcible felony, or is unlawfully attacking your dwelling or occuppied motor vehicle.

If I don't shoot them right now will I die?
    Yes. Then shoot them.
    Maybe. Do something else.
    No one is stronger or more dangerous than the man who can harness his emotions.

www.BrightFirearmsTraining.com

abright@ccrtc.com

NOT "The Call Center" wtburnette's Avatar

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jwright2882 View Post
    Iíve got a stupid question. Per the law, where is the line of self defense? I obviously understand if I donít act that it may not matter because I will likely be shot (or gravely injured). And I know you canít hesitate. So if you have a carry license, is it okay (per the law) to defend yourself with a gun when you perceive a violent threat? Iím not trying to incite any argument here, just looking for personal advice. I have always struggled with this question. I mean, you donít have time to contemplate ďcan I prove this was self defense?Ē.
    First of all, not a lawyer. I'm sure some INGO legal eagle will be by with the legal info for Indiana at some point. I'm just a normal guy who carries on a daily basis. My thought on this is that if I believe I'm in fear for my life, I'm defending myself and will worry about the possible fallout afterwards. I read a lot on the topic of carrying a gun and brush up on the laws as much as I can, trying to stay educated on this topic. I also make sure I attend training classes as often as I'm able. That said, I'd rather use deadly force in a situation where i believe it's needed than to not do so or hesitate and be wrong. At least I'll hopefully then be alive to deal with any consequences.

NOT "The Call Center" wtburnette's Avatar

User Info Menu

Oh and I agree with everyone else, that was a fantastic read. Thank you for posting it!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jwright2882 View Post
    I think the "reasonable person" standard applies here. Would a reasonable person look at what happened and say that was the correct course of action.
    INGOer #25,448

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Givens View Post
    A few months ago, Gila Hayes, of the Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network (ACLDN) interviewed me about developing the right mindset to deal with violent crime. The transcript of the interview wound up being over 5,000 words. While weíre all stuck at home this might be a good time to brush up on this important topic. See

https://rangemaster.com/wp-content/u...ingness_v2.pdf
    This is worth the read. It is an eye opener about the statistics we here about.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast