Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: 2020 Practice (dry and live)

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

I continue with daily dry work, though not nearly enough. Most of that focus lately has been one handed work with the 365XL and Holosun 507k. With my full size guns and dots I have no problem finding the dot when going strong hand or weak hand, with the different grip and smaller window size on this combination I need more work.

Hit the range today. Started with 2 shots to the 3X5 card at 7 yards with my NPE gun from AIWB concealment. Did multiple runs with this.

Next I worked with the 365XL. I did the aforementioned drill and then ran the Wilson 5X5 and the Rangemaster 5 second standards.

Finished up with 5 sets of the DeFoor Pistol hat qual. This ammo "shortage" has really got me bummed.
    Michael Swisher

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Royce and I went to Riley in the afternoon. We shot .22 rifles in Bay 7. He conceded that I am the best .22 rifle shooter in the family.

The drive sucks.
    No one is stronger or more dangerous than the man who can harness his emotions.

www.BrightFirearmsTraining.com

abright@ccrtc.com

Rangemaster Certified Instructor
    USCCA Certified Instructor
    USPSA Range Officer

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Royce and I went to Riley in the afternoon. We shot .22 rifles in Bay 7. He conceded that I am the best .22 rifle shooter in the family.

The drive sucks.
    He admitted it after "all these years"

I was going there this evening and was in an apparent road construction delay though i never saw a vehicle other than the "arrow truck"

Extractor issue appears fixed. Approximately 100 rounds each through 4 25 and 3.6 without issue
    Luddite Curmudgeon #2

User Info Menu

i'm pretty sure that I have unwillingly given up practicing, shooting matches and participating in any activity other than work.
    The checks are nice,
    Luddite Crumudgeon #1

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

NPE gun, 2 shots to 3X5 at 7

Sig 365XL Rangemaster August DOTM 3X5 fadeback drill. 1 miss at 25 yards.

Ed Head drill with USPSA gear. Not sure the real name of it. It was in a recent SI and goes from 2 yards to 50 yards.

S&W 642 from the pocket on MCOLES qual. Fail, one round out.
    Michael Swisher

Plinker

User Info Menu

Anyone have experience with the MantisX system?

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Didn't get much shooting in last weekend. Helped with a CPL class on both Sat and Sun so only did a few demos. Also shot a students Beretta 92 to show him it is not normal to have two separate groups 8 inches apart when taking one shot DA and one shot SA. I forgot how long and heavy the stock DA trigger is on those guns. I proved my point but am considering getting a DA/SA gun just to be better prepared for such an event.

Yesterday I took a bunch of handguns out with the intent of figuring out what was wrong with my Gen5 G19. Didn't figure it out at the range but it did hit me later along with a suggestion from someone. When I went from a flickering RMR to a Holosun I forgot to put the shorter screw over the plunger channel at the long screw was keeping the extractor from functioning properly. Drills ran were Rangemaster 200 point warm up, Gunsite Pistol standards and a few iterations of the "Test".

Went out today to see if the fix worked on the G19. Didn't put a ton of rounds through it (120) because, ammo, but it worked perfectly. No marksmanship or speed drills today. Shot with my buddy who ran the county SWAT team for 24 years and we just ran a lot of "combat" drills with pistol, carbine, and shotgun. You don't know fun until you shoot a 12 gauge set up for a righty with a hard plastic butt cuff full of shells from the left shoulder.
    Michael Swisher

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Rangemaster 200 point warm up.
    Modified LAPD D-Platoon Qual

Extra work at the 25 after dropping most of my points on aforementioned qual there.
    Michael Swisher

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Finished 9th out of 46 in Limited at the Indiana Championship. Finished 36 days of chemo and radiation treatment on Thursday the 17th. Dr. said no restrictions outside so we did it.
    I was not able to move very well at all, and shot stages accordingly. My goal was not misses and high points. I had one miss. I should have shot at least three stages a little differently. But overall I am just thankful to be participating at this stage of things. Royce shot with me and that was very cool. The one stage shot from a box and involving Strong Hand Only as a stage win. I guess I just need more stages shot from boxes at this point.

abright@ccrtc.com

USPSA Range Officer

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Royce had too many mikes in the match, and most of them were in the first half of the match. He got really mad and was a mental wreck. We talked things over and he regrouped mentally and finished the match strong. I was very proud of his gun-handling and his shooting considering he never gets to practice. I was most proud of his regrouping mentally and doing much better after being so disappointed with some stage performances.

abright@ccrtc.com

USPSA Range Officer

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast