Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: 2020 Practice (dry and live)

User Info Menu

Glad to see you were able to get out there Coach. I pray your treatments are going well.

Royce does a nice job handling that pistol. It's great to see the youngsters out there taking care of business.

To add to the thread, I've been dry firing like a maniac the last few weeks. I am trying to get used to two new pistols since I finally gave up on my Glock 19 that I carried for the last 5 years or so but shot pretty poorly. I finally gave into the fact that life is too short to shoot guns I don't love.
    Well, I ain't always right but I've never been wrong,
    seldom turns out the way it does in a song.
    Once in a while you get shown the light
    in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MCgrease08 View Post
    Glad to see you were able to get out there Coach. I pray your treatments are going well.

Royce does a nice job handling that pistol. It's great to see the youngsters out there taking care of business.

To add to the thread, I've been dry firing like a maniac the last few weeks. I am trying to get used to two new pistols since I finally gave up on my Glock 19 that I carried for the last 5 years or so but shot pretty poorly. I finally gave into the fact that life is too short to shoot guns I don't love.
    So what are you shooting now?
    No one is stronger or more dangerous than the man who can harness his emotions.

www.BrightFirearmsTraining.com

abright@ccrtc.com

Rangemaster Certified Instructor
    USCCA Certified Instructor
    USPSA Range Officer

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

After an attitude adjustment from someone, today was my first day back of real dry fire in quite some time. By real I mean with a plan, on a timer, keeping records. etc.

As to avoid injury I am starting this week with only 15 minutes a session.
    10 yard Index draw
    10 yard SHO draw
    10 yard WHO draw
    10 yard D1R1
    Michael Swisher

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    So what are you shooting now?
    Trying to decide which H&K I like better. VP9 or P30L.
    Well, I ain't always right but I've never been wrong,
    seldom turns out the way it does in a song.
    Once in a while you get shown the light
    in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

15 minutes dry fire.

Gabe White sights meet trigger, FS, SHO, WHO.
    Michael Swisher

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

4 of my 5 mikes were early with a procedural on the standards stage. I couldn't help but make up the mike that was in my face.

My final two stages were my best after I took "care of some business" that was bothering me all morning and after lunch lol

Not one of my better major matches but not my worst
    Luddite Curmudgeon #2

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Going to the range today with a friend. Shotgun work is on the agenda.
    No one is stronger or more dangerous than the man who can harness his emotions.

www.BrightFirearmsTraining.com

abright@ccrtc.com

Rangemaster Certified Instructor
    USCCA Certified Instructor
    USPSA Range Officer

User Info Menu

For the first time I am consistently getting to the range 1X per week and doing dry fire 1X per day...mostly.

I have finished my home reno for the most part so now I don't have that sucking all of my time.

i have settled on a pistol and I no longer bring multiple firearms to the range. I am going to focus on one pistol and get plenty of reps in. I will use a .22 for some live fire just to be able to shoot more without using up too many 9 mm rounds due to the current ammo situation.

I have already seen improvement. I have a long ways to go before I'm ready to speed things up, but I'll get there.

I should have a timer here before the end of the week, so I can start to quantify how I am doing.
    Anything is possible

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gregkl View Post
    For the first time I am consistently getting to the range 1X per week and doing dry fire 1X per day...mostly.

I have finished my home reno for the most part so now I don't have that sucking all of my time.

i have settled on a pistol and I no longer bring multiple firearms to the range. I am going to focus on one pistol and get plenty of reps in. I will use a .22 for some live fire just to be able to shoot more without using up too many 9 mm rounds due to the current ammo situation.

I have already seen improvement. I have a long ways to go before I'm ready to speed things up, but I'll get there.

I should have a timer here before the end of the week, so I can start to quantify how I am doing.
    Sounds like you are on the right track.
    Michael Swisher

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

15 minutes dry fire.

6 reload 6 (3 targets, 2 shots each)
    6 reload SHO
    6 reload WHO
    Michael Swisher

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast