Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14

Thread: 2020 Practice (dry and live)

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gregkl View Post
    I have been practicing reloads at home. Hold pistol up with both hands like I'm firing at a target, bring the gun into my workspace as I'm dropping the mag, grabbing a mag with my left hand, inserting it and back on target. Seems to be helping...however;

Because doing it at home doesn't have me going to slide lock, at the range today on several occasions, I went to slide lock, dropped the mag, inserted a new one and got back on target. It all went smoother and faster than in the past before I started practicing. Except I didn't cycle the slide.

The good news is that I see the value of dry fire. It really does work. And the lesson learned is to be careful what you practice.

Since it would be tough to create a reloading session with the gun in slide lock, what suggestions do you have that could help?

Mimic the movement of cycling the slide without actually doing so?

Just shoot USPSA and learn to reload on a loaded chamber?

Looking for input.

As far as my live fire today, I did the same drills but didn't try to hit the times the drills set. I was slower, but not much and my accuracy improved in all but the drill where I shot 2 strings of 6 rounds.

And I increased the distance on my failure to neutralize (Mozambique Drill) from 7 yards to 10. I didn't do as well. I use my Shield with irons for that drill.

Finished the session with some .22 shooting the plate rack.
    Put snap caps in the magazine and you can insert a new mag and rack the slide. It does not have to atart from slide lock, but it can.
    No one is stronger or more dangerous than the man who can harness his emotions.

www.BrightFirearmsTraining.com

abright@ccrtc.com

Rangemaster Certified Instructor
    USCCA Certified Instructor
    USPSA Range Officer

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

200 point Rangemaster warmup

MSP Black Belt Standards
    El Prez with paper plates (trying to conserve USPSA targets)

Shot from concealment today as it was raining and I didn't want to get my little blaster wet.
    Michael Swisher

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

10-5-20

Dry practice
    Slide lock reloads
    Shooting on the move
    Reloading on the move.

10-6-20
    Dry practice
    Position entry and exits.
    Michael Swisher

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

I have loaded some ammo for Sunday and have cleaned my gun and packed the bag. Practice seems futile at the moment.

abright@ccrtc.com

USPSA Range Officer

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Rangemaster 200 point warmup

MSP Black Belt Standards

Shooting on the move and working Entry/Exit with multiple targets.

I went quite a bit over my restricted for now weekly allotment of ammo but with my first USPSA match in 2 years tomorrow I figured it was called for.
    Michael Swisher

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Shot Warsaw without a mike yesterday. Did have one no shoot.

abright@ccrtc.com

USPSA Range Officer

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

abright@ccrtc.com

USPSA Range Officer

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Alyssa and I went back to the neighbors property and got some live fire in today. Probably fired about 60 rounds each. We worked on accuracy, SHO and WHO. It was a modertate success. No photos or video. Just good to have a gun back in my hand. I can no longer fight but I can shoot.

abright@ccrtc.com

USPSA Range Officer

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14