Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Practice (dry and live)

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Friday's version of practice with Ralph. Had a few issues with the long shots on steel. But overall a decent session.

No one is stronger or more dangerous than the man who can harness his emotions.

www.BrightFirearmsTraining.com

abright@ccrtc.com

Rangemaster Certified Instructor
    USCCA Certified Instructor
    USPSA Range Officer

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

I saw where Matt Little had just received a coin for passing the three sevens drill so I went and downloaded some targets and tried it. https://www.tier1concealed.com/pages/three-sevens-drill Let me tell you, for me a one inch circle is quite small at 7 yards. Using my USPSA gear I only cleaned it once while on the timer. Using my work (NPE) G43 I didn't shoot it clean while on the timer once. I realize that at 25 yards that is the equivalent of a 3.5 inch circle which seems pretty big but not the way I was seeing that little thing.

Michael Swisher

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cedartop View Post
    I saw where Matt Little had just received a coin for passing the three sevens drill so I went and downloaded some targets and tried it. https://www.tier1concealed.com/pages/three-sevens-drill Let me tell you, for me a one inch circle is quite small at 7 yards. Using my USPSA gear I only cleaned it once while on the timer. Using my work (NPE) G43 I didn't shoot it clean while on the timer once. I realize that at 25 yards that is the equivalent of a 3.5 inch circle which seems pretty big but not the way I was seeing that little thing.

What about this makes it relevant for carry? How often are we required to shoot at a 1 inch target in the real world? Why would I be doing a slide lock reload after just a few shots?

abright@ccrtc.com

USPSA Range Officer

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    What about this makes it relevant for carry? How often are we required to shoot at a 1 inch target in the real world? Why would I be doing a slide lock reload after just a few shots?
    I thought this was a practice thread. I didn't write the drill but having a fast accurate first shot is always a good thing. Many drills have slide lock reloads after a few shots. You are working skills not engaging in replicating real life scenarios.

Some of us like to be better for betters sake.
    Michael Swisher

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

I thought this was a practice thread. I didn't write the drill but having a fast accurate first shot is always a good thing. Many drills have slide lock reloads after a few shots. You are working skills not engaging in replicating real life scenarios.

Some of us like to be better for betters sake.
    It is a practice thread. But reading the target it sounds like this is what needs to be done on demand. Just asking a question.

abright@ccrtc.com

USPSA Range Officer

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Had a long private instruction session yesterday, and then shot some drills with Steve and Ralph. No video was taken. It was raining off and on so we did drills rather than set up a stage. Wide transitions, skunk targets, reloads and distance were the topics. All shooting doing on paper. We took a break from small poppers.

Shooting well is a journey and not a destination.

abright@ccrtc.com

USPSA Range Officer

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Won Limited at WVPPS today. Second place was at 88%. One mike on the classifier and a little slow on Stage 1, which was mainly due to a sub-optimal plan. Other than that it was decent shooting particularly from my death bed. No video.

abright@ccrtc.com

USPSA Range Officer

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Blake drills from various distances with USPSA gun.

Took the Sig 365XL out again to see if I liked it any better. Shot the Wilson 5X5 twice. Not very impressive. The optic was crappier than usual with the sun right behind me so I had to use the sights. Good thing it was only 10 yards because that built in rear sight isnt the best either. You would think a gun this expensive would come with a rear sight plate if you didn't want to use the optic.

Wrapped it up with the Glock 44. I like that little gun, I think it is going to bag a lot of chipmunks.
    Michael Swisher

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Blake drills from various distances with USPSA gun.

Took the Sig 365XL out again to see if I liked it any better. Shot the Wilson 5X5 twice. Not very impressive. The optic was crappier than usual with the sun right behind me so I had to use the sights. Good thing it was only 10 yards because that built in rear sight isnt the best either. You would think a gun this expensive would come with a rear sight plate if you didn't want to use the optic.

Wrapped it up with the Glock 44. I like that little gun, I think it is going to bag a lot of chipmunks.
    You don't like how the 365 XL shoots?

abright@ccrtc.com

USPSA Range Officer

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    You don't like how the 365 XL shoots?
    Not really. I keep hearing about how it shoots like a full size gun and blah, blah, blah. Those must be people who have never shot a full size gun or are way better shooters than me. My biggest complaint is the junk Sig optic but I also dont care for the flat trigger. That could be just a matter of not being used to it. The gun itself feels good in the hand but in timed drills I shoot my G43 better. I think soon I will take a case of ammo out and go through a bunch of drills with it. If it doesnt grow on me after that I will get rid of it.
    Michael Swisher

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast