Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Practice (dry and live)

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

My favorite daughter from today.

No one is stronger or more dangerous than the man who can harness his emotions.

www.BrightFirearmsTraining.com

abright@ccrtc.com

Rangemaster Certified Instructor
    USCCA Certified Instructor
    USPSA Range Officer

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

abright@ccrtc.com

USPSA Range Officer

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Got the dry fire banners accomplished today. I shot Accelerator live yesterday, which I do not have a banner for. Going to shoot it different going forward. Need to clean the gun and pack the range bag. Tomorrow morning bright and early we find out if the week of dry practice was enough or not. We shall see.

abright@ccrtc.com

USPSA Range Officer

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

My Area 5 attempt is over and a failure. Wednesday the gun, magazine and ammo combination ran flawless. Friday morning on the clock I was getting failures to extract once to twice per stage. One is less than optimal but on the three or four stages it happened twice one bad time stuck. So I ended with at lest 40 seconds on malfunction on the score sheet. How I was still in first place after staff and the first competitors shot is beyond me. I must not have been the only one with trouble. Today or Sunday several shooters will go right past me without a doubt.

I shot a 90% on Smoke and Hope, which nearly matches my best. Five to Go went better than it has all year. I was not disappointed with my accuracy on the day. If the gun had run I feel like I would have contended, which is good for the short amount of getting ready that was put in to it. I might have to sign up for the state steel match now and finish strong.

abright@ccrtc.com

USPSA Range Officer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    My Area 5 attempt is over and a failure. Wednesday the gun, magazine and ammo combination ran flawless. Friday morning on the clock I was getting failures to extract once to twice per stage. One is less than optimal but on the three or four stages it happened twice one bad time stuck. So I ended with at lest 40 seconds on malfunction on the score sheet. How I was still in first place after staff and the first competitors shot is beyond me. I must not have been the only one with trouble. Today or Sunday several shooters will go right past me without a doubt.

I shot a 90% on Smoke and Hope, which nearly matches my best. Five to Go went better than it has all year. I was not disappointed with my accuracy on the day. If the gun had run I feel like I would have contended, which is good for the short amount of getting ready that was put in to it. I might have to sign up for the state steel match now and finish strong.
    I was pretty happy with my results.
    I improved my times on the three stages that are historically my worst.
    That was a goal.
    I screwed the pooch on a couple of stages that I usually shoot pretty well.
    Trying to push too hard made a few suboptimal runs count.
    Luddite Crumudgeon #1

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Footage from Parabellum Carry Gun match.

abright@ccrtc.com

USPSA Range Officer

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

abright@ccrtc.com

USPSA Range Officer

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Defoor Proformance Pistol Hat Qual

Standing from 25 yds into an NRA B-8 Repair center. Using an electronic shooting timer draw and fire 10 rounds under 20 seconds and score 90 or better during a class. Three attempts only. Passing score receives a DPS hat.

​After the meeting at the club tonight I took out 50 rounds and ran the above drill 5 times. It is clear that without enough practice I pretty much suck at medium distance on the clock. The good news is I didn't miss the paper. The bad news is I didn't pass once. Great drill though for shot calling and trigger control.
    Michael Swisher

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cedartop View Post
    Defoor Proformance Pistol Hat Qual

Standing from 25 yds into an NRA B-8 Repair center. Using an electronic shooting timer draw and fire 10 rounds under 20 seconds and score 90 or better during a class. Three attempts only. Passing score receives a DPS hat.

​After the meeting at the club tonight I took out 50 rounds and ran the above drill 5 times. It is clear that without enough practice I pretty much suck at medium distance on the clock. The good news is I didn't miss the paper. The bad news is I didn't pass once. Great drill though for shot calling and trigger control.

I'm sure I could get the 20 rounds fired in 20 seconds.........all 9's or better......probably not
    I'm not sure which target that is but I think its just a bit bigger than the USPSA A zone.
    Luddite Crumudgeon #1

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

I needed to do a little live fire with the 365 XL in order to complete the review on that pistol for Front Sight Magazine. I went back to the neighbors pasture this morning. Alyssa went along to run the timer and do the recording for me.

Open carry draws at 3 yards: 0.89, 0.85, 0.82, 0.78, 0.73 seconds. First shot was a delta the other four alpha.

Open carry draws at 5 yards: 0.84, 0.87, 0.90, 0.88, 0.85 seconds. All alpha.

Open carry draws at 7 yards: 0.89, 0.93, 0.92, 0.87, 0.91 seconds. 1 charlie and 4 alpha.

The 0.73 draw I thought was a personal best. When I got back to the house I pulled out the practice log and confirmed that it was. The previous best was a 0.76 shot in 2013 with my GH2 Limited gun.

I decided to try again while I was hot and strapped on my carry gun. I managed a 0.71 second draw for an alpha. The best draw of my life so far was with an M&P Pro in 9mm.

I also tried some 3x2 drills from the Black Belt Standards.
    Times were: 2.09 with the hits. Failed on the time. Must be 2.00
    2.12 with the hits. failed
    1.94 with the hits passed
    2.09 without the hits. failed
    1.97 with the hits passed.

abright@ccrtc.com

USPSA Range Officer

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast