Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I hear him saying he could not be a world class athlete. I do not hear him say he is not an athlete. One looking to support the position of an instructor does not have to be a good shot to be a good insyructor can say case and point.

A crippled leg does not prevent one from shooting well. Shooting is not an athletic situation in the same way grappling, football or even tennis are.

I thought his comments about good and bad methodology were interesting. I would have like to heard some examples of what he meant.

Thought provoking post and video.

ol' Huff

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Keep in mind that Danaher's body started failing him around the time he started developing a deeper understanding of his craft. He can say what he wants about why this or why that, but the simple fact is that the condition his hips and knees are in prevent him from walking on some days. Danaher is great because he sees topics objectively and approaches solutions as from a systems approach. His coaches recognized his ability to evaluate, analyze, and communicate and encouraged him to teach and when your coaches have the confidence in you to explore and experiment it does wonders for your confidence. Another unknown example in the shooting sports community is Bill Pullum. Pullum was a shooter and coach at the AMU who took over USA Rifle's international efforts at a time when the Russians were a dominant force in international shooting. The end result was an innovative focus on the mental aspects of shooting and Olympic and World success for the next two decades with shooters like Gary Anderson, Lonas Wigger, and Lanny Bassham. Pullum himself was never more than an average match shooter, but he was able to dramatically improve the performance of American shooters for 40 years and helped develop mental focus techniques that have been felt all over sports psychology. The truth finds you out, and if you are a good coach, it will be seen in how you help people improve themselves.

Top Bottom