• ...and so much more!
  • JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Very different approach to training. Dry fire without a gun? :dunno: Go as fast as possible in local matches regardless of points. :dunno: Worth a view.

[video=youtube;LHe81qKET2k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHe81qKET2k&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    I guess it makes sense, you can't learn to see and comprehend things if you never actually go that fast.
    This guy has a naturally good foundation, he does a lot of things right without thinking. That to me is the most important.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    He makes a lot of sense. The overwhelming A-class wisdom is get your As, then learn to get them faster. But the fact does in fact seem to be, if you cannot EVEN get from point A to point B in close to the time of the top shooters, you are always going to be on the bottom...so, get there fast, then learn to see your hits along the way. This is the complete opposite of what almost every helpful B- and A-class shooter will tell you at a local shoot.

I remember Jack Nicklaus always said a similar thing about hitting your driver. Learn to belt it out there, wherever it goes, then once you've established a competitive level of distance, you have the rest of your life to learn control and recovery shots. But if you're 40 and have never learned to hit distance, you're probably never going to. Again, many 10 handicappers will tell you to learn to hit the ball straight 100 yards, then add 20 yards, then 20 more, etc., and never miss. Nicklaus' opinion was if you back off every time you miss a fairway, you will never to hit long.

I will say, the thought of shooting an optic on a G26 sounds fun. I thought seriously about this when I got mine. May have to revisit the idea, just to add some jollies.

Last edited:

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I watched it also and he definitely goes against the status quo with new shooters.

I'm not ready to adopt his methods as I have too many fundamentals to master. I do push the speed until I miss, but I want to keep misses as the exception rather than the rule.:)

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    He's using Steve Anderson's "Speed Mode" but I'm not sure he knows that. Anderson doesn't recommend "Speed Mode" for matches though.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom