• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    First of all, I grew up in a small, rural town and .22 plinked a bit as a teenager; however, I haven't fired a handgun with any regularity in over 15 years. So, based on some extensive research on these boards, I elected to try out Adaptive Consulting & Training (ACT) and made contact with Aron Bright (aka Coach).

From the first point of email contact, Aron was polite, professional and he wanted to know about my background so he could advise me better on which ACT class to take or if one on one training would be preferred. I picked some one on one training, and Aron tailored a 3 hour class specific to my needs and ability....sort of a blend between ACT's Basic Pistol class and their Intermediate Pistol class.

I met Aron today at Atlanta Conservation Club where we started indoors and went over the basics (SAFETY, grip, stance, sight picture, drills, etc...). At all times, Aron was patient and listened to my questions and gave me insightful answers. We worked on dry fire drills and he monitored my technique offering tips when needed. Most importantly, Aron made me feel comfortable and talked to me on my level rather than talking down to me as some instructors might tend to do.

Out at the range, the 45-minute indoor session really laid the foundation for a solid, live fire run where I progressively got more comfortable, proficient and confident. When my shots weren't as accurate as they needed to be, he would give me insight on what to do differently (it was almost always me focusing on the target instead of the front sight at the tail end of a run). The next run would be better after his advice was put into place.

We ended our session by doing some strong hand and weak hand shooting, and weak hand shooting is a serious flaw in my ability. I'm betting almost every INGO'r out there needs to practice more weak hand drills than they are currently doing, and it was really eye opening to see how poorly I shot firing with that weak hand. Sure, it's probably not "cool" to shoot like a blind man at the range, but my weak hand needs work and that work will only come with me practicing something that makes me feel uncomfortable.

Today was a positive experience and I'm a better shooter because of it. More one on one training will definitely be scheduled with Aron, and I'm also going to enroll in group ACT classes. I'm also going to check out some USPSA events.

There's just something about the "ping, ping, ping, ping" sound of rounds connecting with steel plates....:rockwoot:

Kudos to the guys over at ACT! :yesway:

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Coach is the man!!

Talk about a great tutor.

If I'd have started out with some lessons from him years ago, I'd have saved a lot of time from not learning things the hard way.

Last edited:

MinuteMan47

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    IN
    Tripp - I was the guy in there right after you...

I just got home and saw this thread so I thought I would take a break from my Skyline Chilli dogs and chime in.:):

I also got private instruction from Coach (Aron) today. Aron is a real easy going guy, and a TOP NOTCH INSTRUCTOR. Like Tripp said, he LISTENS to your questions and is very clear with his answers. Aron was more than helpful and he definitely made a lot of my 'rookie fears' disappear. I now have a much better understanding of how matches opperate and what is expected of you as a shooter.

Thanks Aron. :+1:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I'm glad to learn that you guys found your time with Coach beneficial. Thank you for sharing that with us.

And don't forget . . . there is more where that came from.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Kind Words

Thanks for the kind words guys. I am glad both session today went well and everyone was satisfied. Being a teacher is it rare and very rewarding to have students that are open minded and receptive. Both Mintueman47 and Trip11 were outstanding students who soaked things up like a sponge.

Looking forward to working with you guys in the future.

colt45er

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Avon, IN
    Aron Bright (aka Coach).

From the first point of email contact, Aron was polite, professional :yesway:

We must not be tinking of the same Coach...the guy I know is.....:D

Just Messin.

I knew Coach a little bit becuase from when I attended the fine instution he teaches and coaches at.

I gotta say, I didn't know him very well but after spending some time in his squad at a FNS I saw good things.

I wouldn't mind spending some time in one of the ACT classes myself.

Dr Falken

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    What?!? His name is Aaron? Seriously, I've nothing but good things to say about those guys, even the kinda pink Rhino guy! Glad the OP had a positive experience.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    What?!? His name is Aaron? Seriously, I've nothing but good things to say about those guys, even the kinda pink Rhino guy! Glad the OP had a positive experience.

I try and keep people as confused as possible. It is just safer that way.

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    All I can say is that I have taken several ACT courses over the past year. I am a fairly new shooter, purchasing my first gun approximately one year ago. I had plinked as a tween and teenager but never really took it seriously. I probably picked up several bad habits. Having not shot for 20 + years, I knew that instruction was needed.

Everyone that I have dealt with at ACT is patient and an excellent teacher. I have a long way to go, but Coach, Rhino, and ObiJohn are always there when I have a training related issue. Granted, most of my issues fall directly between my ears and the ACT guys are trying to actively rewire the mushy stuff underneath my cranium. I actively promote these guys to everyone I know who shoots. Endorsements from me do not come easy, but these guys have earned it.

Special Thanks to Coach, Rhino, Obijohn for all the work you put into making your courses extremely educational and most of all enjoyable.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I just saw this thread as I googled Aron Bright's name by a member that does training, and now I see Rhino and Obijohn's name as well.
    Aron was suggested as a source for training.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aron also ramrods the Carry gun match at Parabellum that I suggested you get in on.. He's always clear and concise with his instruction and answers. You can't go wrong spending time on the range with Coach.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Aron Bright[/FONT]

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I just saw this thread as I googled Aron Bright's name by a member that does training, and now I see Rhino and Obijohn's name as well.

Hanna. HOLY NECROPOST, BATMAN!!

B. Coach's (AKA Aron Bright) safety briefing is worth the price of admission.

3. I've been to several Carry Gun Matches at Parabellum in Avon, I highly recommend it for anyone who regularly carries a handgun.

IV. Take a look at what training is available. 11 July is the next Carry Gun Match.

Cinco. Come out and take a look.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

As bwframe mentioned, Coach (Aron Bright) is our former colleague at ACT who has operated his own training business for years now. He's an absolute first rate teacher, a very skilled shooter, and someone I recommend without reservation to people who seek firearms training. He is also my friend.

Given that, since you're interested in training, you should give ACT (obijohn) consideration as well. He is also a first rate teacher, very skilled shooter, and someone I recommend without reservation to people who seek firearms training. He's also my brother.

I say train with both. You have much to learn and much to gain from spending time with both of them.

Top Bottom