• Status
    Please reply by conversation.

bstewrat3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    142   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Updated: Only looking for Type II Octagon barrels for the Contender now and receivers in the serial number range between 11076 - 15360. Barrel description in last post.

Last edited:

bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    I know this is off topic but I picked one up off of eBay last year in .44 Mag for a frame I bought off of a fellow INGO member.

There are a lot of people asking silly money for them on there but if you are patient you can find a deal.

Took me three months before I found the deal but it was worth the wait.

I am sure you are aware but thought I would mention this point also. Most of the 45 Colt models are 45/410 and if you really want the accuracy out of the 45 Colt you need to try and find a dedicated .45 Colt barrel. On that same note I have heard some guys are getting .410 brass hulls and loading them with 45 Colt with good results. I do reload but I am not sure what all has to take place with the dies in order to do that and would also think you would need to find a bulky powder to fill the void better.:twocents:

bstewrat3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    142   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Bought a few so far.

I am going to focus strictly on Type II Octagon barrels now. Description below.

Type II
    Designation given to the second style of octagonal Contender barrels (late 1967 to 1972). These barrels may be easily recognized by their two line address and caliber designations. Of further importance is the punctuation used between the "N" and the "H" used to abbreviate the words New Hampshire; both are followed by a period. (example - Rochester, N. H.). Type II barrels are also recognized by their flat bottomed lugs, allen screw bolt retention and short rear sights. Type II barrels exist in three lengths, 10 inch, 8 3/4 inch and 6 inch. These may also be found as "scope model" variations (w/o front sights). The largest selection of calibers exist within the Type II classification including all of the original 17 caliber offerings.

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom