Please reply by conversation.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I bought 150 targets off a guy for 15 cents each: loved it.
    They are not the big "normal" size, but a little less in size and they only have 1 target on it with increasing bigger circles, which is fine for 15 cents.
    Most of the target is black, so I can't even see the holes where I've shot, so I turn it around so the lighter beige part shows and put my pen through the middle for the bullseye, ha!

But, at the range I love the ones that have 6 targets on 2 sheet.
    I can't look in my spare time at school (filters), and I forget at home. :dunno:
    I got plenty of targets left, but I see the end could come.

I did buy some small targets that show color when shot making it easier for these old eyes to see (ordered them: $20 or $25 for 50).

If you know any good places to order targets for the undiscerning, let me know.
    Paying $1/each at the range isn't logical. Yes, I'm that cheap. :laugh: You should have seen my buy all new appliances for the "new" house for the wife: I bought the Whirlpool/Kenmore brand of everything: under $3000. My daughter more than that just for the 'fridge, ha!

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Aug 4, 2017
    Fishers
    I appreciate you being so thrifty but c'mon doddg. Shooting ranges cost a lot to operate and if everyone brought their own ammo and targets, they won't be around long. Consider the $1 a target the cost of doing business.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I appreciate you being so thrifty but c'mon doddg. Shooting ranges cost a lot to operate and if everyone brought their own ammo and targets, they won't be around long. Consider the $1 a target the cost of doing business.

1. I did that w/o fail or question up till I bought 150 15 cent targets and it opened up a another world when I found out how cheap targets were.
    If it would make you feel any better, though, instead of buying my usual 6 $1 targets, I still buy 2 or 3 $1 targets. :laugh:
    2. Buying ammo at the range: only did that for a couple of months till I realized they were charging a premium.
    Going through 300 rounds at a range session and buying ammo at range prices: NOT!
    Maybe some ranges don't gouge you, but some do. I couldn't believe what they were charging of 9mm or .38 special ammo.
    3. Just last week, I ran out of .32 acp ammo and wanted to test out my Beretta before I sold it and they wanted $23 per box: I ordered some for $13.50 per box (no shipping).
    I sold it to the guy who bought the gun off me for $10/box, taking a loss, but he bought both Berettas and offered an extra $50 if I would hold them through the weekend till Monday.
    I would never do that normally (I've done it for an old customer and again for a member here who I knew of), but since he was a Dr. and he had a son that taught H.S. near me and owned his business up in Carmel, I decided to take a chance on him. :laugh: He kept texting and emailing about this and that and built up credibility with me that he was "real." Finding out he had a son my son's age who taught H.S. tipped me over the edge. :lmfao:
    4. At $19 hour range rental for an hour, it drove even this cheapo to pay $35/mo for unlimited use (didn't get the $60/mo better membership).
    I found a range w/i a few minutes of my house for $14/mo and switched. Only 6 lanes instead of 20 but it's not been a problem since I always went "off-hours" anyway.

natdscott

User Unknown
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015
    Pistoleer.com

...has what you need, son.

The website is a little odd, but I assure you the dude is real, and ships a good product at a fair price. He's also only in Illinois, and sells a LOT of targets to all of us target and competition people.

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom