Please reply by conversation.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Looking for a nice model 12. I'd prefer a skeet/trap model with a long(er) barrel. Let me know what you have. I'm in St. Joe county.

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    Three words. Gunbroker, Gunsamerica, and Gunsinternational.

What you are looking for is not an easy find. Most Model 12’s are either shot up, modified, or very high priced, especially for a gun that may be a hundred years old. It’s quite possible most guns you will look at will have all three features I’ve identified.

There are are also LOTS of variables. Chokes, ribs, and stocks can be a huge variant. Be prepared to pay $2,500 and up for a gun in very good or better condition. You might check with Indiana Gun Club. They sometimes have a Model 12 or two in inventory.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Three words. Gunbroker, Gunsamerica, and Gunsinternational.

What you are looking for is not an easy find. Most Model 12’s are either shot up, modified, or very high priced, especially for a gun that may be a hundred years old. It’s quite possible most guns you will look at will have all three features I’ve identified.

There are are also LOTS of variables. Chokes, ribs, and stocks can be a huge variant. Be prepared to pay $2,500 and up for a gun in very good or better condition. You might check with Indiana Gun Club. They sometimes have a Model 12 or two in inventory.

I have been looing on the sites that you mentioned for the last week trying to find out if I had gotten a good deal or not. :rockwoot: I'm thinking I scored a win. I picked up a Model 12 12g from a coworker last week for $350 and it is in pretty great shape. I'd say the bluing is @ 90%, plain 30" full choke barrel, the butt stock does show some oil soaked int the wood and it doesn't have a pad just the plastic plate, Manufactured in 1955. Coworkers FIL cleaned & oiled it when his son was sent to Vietnam in 1970 and stored it a closet. He never shot it again after his son didn't make it home. My coworker and his wofe aren't gun people and just wanted to find a buy back to dispose of it. Wasn't looking for one but had to save it

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom