• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jake226

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 7, 2012
    Bloomington
    Want to buy or trade for a well cared for quality Over Under. I’d prefer excellent condition, one or two imperfections would be acceptable (not beat and scratched to pieces). High grade walnut, 12 Gauge, 28” or 30” barrels are a must. Stainless/nickel receiver, lots of engraving with or without game scene are preferred. Thinking high end Beretta or Browning, maybe a Benelli 828u. Would really get excited over a mid tier Caesar Guerini but open to other suggestions.

PM for questions and offers. Thanks for your time.

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    You didn’tspecify a price range (?). When you say you want a “quality” over and under that leaves a lot of latitude. I wouldn’t put Browning at the bottom of the list, but they are certainly far from the top. From the top down I would say:

Krieghoff
    Perazzi
    Guerrini
    Kolar
    Beretta
    Benelli
    Browning

Pricing ranges from low four digits to high five digits or even six figures. You can get a used Browning (Japanese made) for a decent price. If you want engraving on a Krieghoff, Perazzi, or Beretta be prepared to pay for it. You also don’t mention what venues you plan on using the gun for. Hunting, skeet, sporting clays, trap, or ? Unless you plan to hunt with the gun (only) I would stay away from a gun with 28” barrels. Although they are still effective they are out of vogue in the market place and youÂ’ll take a hit on resale value if you decide to decide to sell or trade.

To get an idea of what you might want you should visit Gunbroker.com, Gunsinternational, or Gunsamerica. All three will have a great cross section of guns. If you are ever close to the Indianapolis northeast side look into the Indiana Gun Club. They have a HUGE inventory of new and used guns. They are a dealer for Krieghoff, Guerrini, and Browning and have multiple models in stock. TheyÂ’ll also let you take a gun out and shoot it on the trap, skeet, or sporting clays range.

Good luck with your search.

Jake226

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 7, 2012
    Bloomington
    Price range: prefer to stay under/around 3-4K could go up from there if I have trades others are interested in.

Intended use: sporting clays and some skeet.

Thanks for the advice. I suppose I’m looking for 30” barrels.

Still thinking High grade Citori (grade v, vi, or vii), nice Beretta (maybe a 687), or mid tier guerrinis, Benelli nickel 828u

Top Bottom