• rala

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    May 17, 2010
    Evansville
    HI:

I'm looking to start shooting Service Rifle /High Power. I would like to get some of the accessories. Spotting Scope stand, stool or cart, gloves, Shooting Coat, unused data books, dry fire targets, scoring tools or gagues.

Thanks
    Bob

Anonym

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jun 2, 2010
    Orange County
    Natdscott may know more specifically, but there are several ranges going to e-targets. If you shoot on any of these ranges, you don’t need to drag a spotting scope around. A good tablet will serve you better.

rala

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    May 17, 2010
    Evansville
    Natdscott may know more specifically, but there are several ranges going to e-targets. If you shoot on any of these ranges, you don’t need to drag a spotting scope around. A good tablet will serve you better.

I'm sure that's true for the registered matches, but I still need it for practice sessions.

natdscott

User Unknown
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015
    Actually, no. You need a scope all the time. It’s for wind more than it is for admiring your spotter placement.

jrh84

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 9, 2009
    Columbus
    What Nate said. The spotting scope is more used for keeping an eye on mirage than for scoring.

Midway will have their competition mat on sale a few times a year for like $30. It's worth it.

I like my Konus 15-60x80 spotter. It works for what I use it for. I wouldn't judge anyone for spending the extra money on a Kowa or nice Vortex though.

I spent almost 2X as much on a gearbuggy stand from Wayne McLeod than I did on the scope. It's the Rolls Royce of stands. Can't recommend it enough.

There are good ones to be had for $150-200 though...
    Scope Stands - Holub Machine & Repair, LLC
    https://chippewafoundry.com/new-products/spotting-scope-stand

I use the Creedmoor full finger glove. It's the same thing the CMP sells, just a different logo. It's good for a season or two of matches and dry fire. Monard and Anschutz have the high end of the market. I have no experience with them, but I'm sure they make good stuff.

Eric Hollis is the go-to for 1907 slings these days. Good dude, and an active high power competitor himself. A plain jane web sling gets the job done, though. Many of the other makers churn out good stuff too. Jack Jones, Turner, Les Tam, etc.

I use a Foldit cart that the wife got me for Christmas. If I had to do it again, I'd get a proper high power cart. The fold it works, but its not ideal.

What else ya looking for?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Stop bumping this ad. It is a WTB not a discussion post.
    Good info I will give you but just stop.

PM's for this or start a thread out in the proper Sub-forum.

Next one gets 30 days.

Top Bottom