Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Buying a pair from a member: Nikon 10 x 50
    Thanks for the input!

Looking for an inexpensive pair of binoculars.
    I have had the same small pocket size binoculars for decades b/c I've never needed anything more.
    But, they will barely see 75' down range for me to tell where my .22LR rounds are hitting.
    When using a scope, no problem, but with open sights: impossible.
    I can't even use a pistol with a red dot to shoot 40' and see where I'm hitting.

I just need something to see down the range, but as long as I'm going to get something used, I could get more than what I need for other purposes.

Last edited:

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    I ran across monoculars & wondered if I should consider them, especially if I could find a used one.
    I noticed you had a Bushnell TRS-25 for sale in the Classifieds.\
    That's the kind I first bought new.

I have a refurb 8x like I linked, for 30 dollars you won't beat it on the used market. It's excellent for indoor ranges. My eyes won't focus together so binos are pointless at close ranges for me. The best part of the monocular is it hangs on my neck without bothering me. Saves precious counter space in a cramped indoor lane.

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    I picked up the older, bigger brother to these Bushnell Permafocus binoculars years ago and love them: https://www.amazon.com/Bushnell-PermaFocus-Roof-Prism-Binocular/dp/B00CTUY4RO

Mine are 8x and a bit larger, but if I was in the market again, I'd probably get these. The technology is great in that there is no manual focus. If you look through them with corrected vision, anything you look at in the FOV, regardless of range, is super-clear. I used mine at work for surveillance and they were breasteses...

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom