• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • THE BIG SITT

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    I's sure I've missed the "Official Ladies carry setups" thread but I couldn't find it. Just in case there isn't one...

How do you carry? What do you carry? Pictures would be great, but not needed if you don't feel comfortable. My wife is showing interest in learning how to shoot and possibly carrying, once she has the baby. Thanks!

cmr13

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2013
    Elkhart County
    A friend of mine would be very interested in this as well, especially for any women carrying in thigh holsters or non-waistband holsters.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I have an ankle holster for my little 22, a waistband holster for my .45 acp (ultra compact) and a conceal carry purse that will accommodate up to a full size 45 acp. My EDC is the .45 ultra compact.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    ba9f47ed-5ee6-45e3-9510-31dc55018f6e_zpsd2f6e0ee.jpg

Sitting:
    (cover-shirt lifted to show holster position)
    0205121931a-1.jpg

Cover-shirt down;

0205121941-1.jpg

Jeepcrazed

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 25, 2011
    nickelandlace.jpg
    I've started using this, and I love it. I teach yoga, and yoga pants aren't exactly going to hold up a belt and traditional holster. I'm not completely comfy with drawing from a purse, so this has been the perfect answer for me. Allows me on-body carry and it has worked with every outfit I've tried so far. I'm a freakish lefty, but there are places on either side for carry. The fabric is sturdy, but moves well with you. I carry a commander size 1911 and it conceals very well.
    You can purchase them at nickelandlace.com.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    Just like with guys, body shape has a lot to do with holster location.

If my wife is wearing a skirt or dress, she carries in a thigh holster. With jeans, she uses an ankle holster. These can be found at The Well Armed Woman

The only time she carries on/around her belt is when she's open carrying.

THE BIG SITT

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    Just like with guys, body shape has a lot to do with holster location.

If my wife is wearing a skirt or dress, she carries in a thigh holster. With jeans, she uses an ankle holster. These can be found at The Well Armed Woman

The only time she carries on/around her belt is when she's open carrying.

What does she carry in the ankle holster? With today's fashion trends (Lord almighty do I sound feminine saying that) leaning towards skinny jean with less room in the ankle, I would think it would print pretty bad.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I have a Maxpedition "purse" that carries a .38 light weight revolver. It is a BUG when I carry the Glock 26 in a Serpa holster OWB (Yes, I OC) or my primary when I do not carry the 26.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    What does she carry in the ankle holster? With today's fashion trends (Lord almighty do I sound feminine saying that) leaning towards skinny jean with less room in the ankle, I would think it would print pretty bad.

LCR. Yeah, she wears boot cut jeans if she's using the ankle holster.

Usually her XDs9 in the thigh holster.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    I wish I could stick with 1 method, but it takes flexibility with women's clothing.

My preferred method is an IWB (AVA holster) for my XDm 9mm compact. But that means a gun belt and moderately heavy pants (jeans or khaki-type, not dress pants). In order to fully conceal, I have some sort of jacket on. At work, I wear a labcoat, so no problem. I have some lightweight summer jackets for shopping, etc. If it's really hot, I tie the jacket around my waist to cover the gun.

With many of these modern jeans having wide legs, I often have my LCP as a BUG in an ankle holster. I'm not sure I could handle a larger gun on my ankle.

When my clothing won't support my XDm, I usually have the XDM in a concealed carry purse (cross-body always, cut-resistant strap) and wear the LCP somewhere.

With gym/running shorts, Thunderwear works well for the LCP. I also have for the LCP:
    an IWB holster (from Well Armed Woman) that conceals the LCP SO well you really don't even have to cover it as most people won't recognize it as a gun.
    I've also used the magnetic holster, thinking it might actually hold up a slightly bigger gun on some dress pants, but it doesn't stay in place well enough to suit me for anything but the LCP.

I'm not entirely happy with the reality that I often end up carrying the LCP, knowing the XDm is a much better self-defense weapon. And honestly, all of these LCP carry locations aren't as quick to draw from. I just purchased the XDs 3.3 in 9mm, hoping that will provide a weight and size compromise that will allow me to carry a more useful tool, more often.

I ordered a convertible OWB/IWB holster from Well-Armed Woman for the XDs. I'll be trying that out before I spring for others, but will still be trying to figure out how to carry it on lighterweight clothing.

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    ba9f47ed-5ee6-45e3-9510-31dc55018f6e_zpsd2f6e0ee.jpg

Sitting:
    (cover-shirt lifted to show holster position)
    0205121931a-1.jpg

Cover-shirt down;

0205121941-1.jpg

My wife has an OWB holster she uses for her S&W 380 bodyguard during cold weather (sweaters and jackets over). Other than that it is inside her purse in a thumbbreak holster. Always carried condition 1. An unloaded (meaning not chambered) weapon is not a threat to anyone... especially not bad guys that could potentially have the element of surprise.

Last edited:

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    View attachment 31802
    I've started using this, and I love it. I teach yoga, and yoga pants aren't exactly going to hold up a belt and traditional holster. I'm not completely comfy with drawing from a purse, so this has been the perfect answer for me. Allows me on-body carry and it has worked with every outfit I've tried so far. I'm a freakish lefty, but there are places on either side for carry. The fabric is sturdy, but moves well with you. I carry a commander size 1911 and it conceals very well.
    You can purchase them at nickelandlace.com.

Is there a firearm in this picture?

Top Bottom