Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9
    Plinker

User Info Menu

Hopefully it's ok to link an article in the American Rifleman. Here is a link to the Women's Pistol Project 3 results: https://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/2019/4/8/right-for-you-ladies-pistol-project-3-results/. There is also information available from the first 2 Women's pistol Projects on their site.

Plinker

User Info Menu

My girlfriend tried a couple jframe sized revolvers, a remington rm380 and a ruger lcp in. She always had slow follow up shots having to readjust her grip. Recently we got her a ruger ec9s and she loves it. No more readjusting between shots and she now actually enjoys shooting her own gun at the range. I realize this is an old thread but hope it might help someone else with the same question.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Scoutmom View Post
    Hopefully it's ok to link an article in the American Rifleman. Here is a link to the Women's Pistol Project 3 results: https://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/2019/4/8/right-for-you-ladies-pistol-project-3-results/. There is also information available from the first 2 Women's pistol Projects on their site.
    Nice link. Limited guns obviously. But still some good take away. Guns need to be large enough to provide a good grip and easy to operate but not so large as to be overly heavy. A little bit of extrapolation and we could together an updated list. Shield EZ, Glock 43x, Glock 48, Glock 45, Glock 42, Sig P365 would all be on my short list.
    "Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side kid." - Han Solo

Plinker

User Info Menu

As a woman that carries, I have two that I prefer, my glock 19 and my revolver a smith and wesson 442. I will be honest the kickback to my wrist from the revolver makes me prefer the glock. The only thing I would mention is how is she carrying it? Holster or purse? If she is carrying in her purse than I highly recommend a revolver as she would have to have carry with one in the chamber and worry about the slide getting hung up if she has to fire through her purse. Just some things we considered when purchasing mine. Best of luck and Bravo to her for deciding to carry!

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9