Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Does RR require a LTCH for the shooters who dont carry at their events? I know some orgs have special rules like that even though its not technically required so long as the student transports it legally.

I think my wife who does is wanting to bring a friend who doesnt carry.

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    Does RR require a LTCH for the shooters who dont carry at their events? I know some orgs have special rules like that even though its not technically required so long as the student transports it legally.

Good Question! I will ask the higher ups, I'm just a peon, but my gut instinct is going to be that as long as they are legal to be in possession of said firearm and transport it legally I personally don't have a problem teaching your wife's friend. I'll get an official answer though and get back with you as soon as possible.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Well I brought 5 brothers a wife and a sister in law to an appleseed. Now I can send two more family members! Thanks for the opportunity!

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper

Good Question! I will ask the higher ups, I'm just a peon, but my gut instinct is going to be that as long as they are legal to be in possession of said firearm and transport it legally I personally don't have a problem teaching your wife's friend. I'll get an official answer though and get back with you as soon as possible.

You do not need a license to carry a handgun to take this class. Please follow all state and local laws in transporting your firearm to and from class.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    You do not need a license to carry a handgun to take this class. Please follow all state and local laws in transporting your firearm to and from class.

Rockin! Thanks for checking.

Now I see a problem. Multiple INGOers better halves alone together. We are doomed. They will conspire against us! :):

nj4020

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    West Central Indiana
    Signed the wife up, she is looking forward to it. My understanding is this a shoot what you bring event. In your opinion, would it be better to bring a 22 LR, or her 9mm carry gun?

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Signed the wife up, she is looking forward to it. My understanding is this a shoot what you bring event. In your opinion, would it be better to bring a 22 LR, or her 9mm carry gun?

Bring both. It would be beneficial to shoot her carry piece, but the 22 is good for starting with.

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper

Is she comfortable with her carry pistol? I'd say have her bring her carry pistol. She needs to learn to shoot it and be comfortable with it. Like Jake said though, have her bring her .22 as a back up.

LoriW

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Fishers
    Sure would like to get with you and TWAW program to do some events with you all.

I briefly talked to TJ about setting something up but nothing came of it. I have ladies that I believe would be interested. I could host at my house or I have 1 member that I believe was willing to host at her house.

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    I briefly talked to TJ about setting something up but nothing came of it. I have ladies that I believe would be interested. I could host at my house or I have 1 member that I believe was willing to host at her house.

I think we would be a good fit with your group, not only with the new pistol events but with out rifle events as well. We should talk sometime.

LoriW

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Fishers
    I think we would be a good fit with your group, not only with the new pistol events but with out rifle events as well. We should talk sometime.

For sure. My ladies are about 95% pistol right now but they're getting more interested in long guns with the current recent events. I have long guns and my coleader just built her first AR, as did another member (HER husband actually built it for her). So they're, for the most part, a blank canvas ready to be trained right.

jve153

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    bargersville, in
    i will talk to the wife about going to this with her friend. it would be good for them, as her friend just got her LTCH. are you teaching at this one rayne?

Top Bottom