Anyone here have the IWB Well-Armed Woman holster?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    My wife got a new G43, and she's finally going to start trying to carry on her person. She was looking into some holsters, and asked about the Well-Armed Woman IWB holster here:

In The Waistband Holster by The Well Armed Woman

The perks to it seem to be that the placement of the belt-clip allows it to not stick out very thick. The videos also seem to show it rides pretty low/deep into the waistband, which she wants. She's going for maximum concealment/comfort.

Does anyone here use this holster? Do you have an opinion of the extra $10 for some special belt clip with it? Do you know of a similar holster that she may like better?

Bonus Question: She's also looking at the Desantis Superfly for occasional purse-carry. She doesn't have an actual gun-purse, though... so it would just be placed into it's own flimsy pocket (which is not ideal). 1 - Experience with this holster? 2 - Any input on a good gun purse that doesn't break the bank?

Thanks!

Light

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Near Fort Wayne
    The extra clip is the Ulticlip. It is amazing. I can't recommend it enough. I have one or two on all my holsters.

Warning: James Yeager
    Video at ShotShow
    [video=youtube;JhCjlWnly-g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhCjlWnly-g[/video]

Here's a demonstration video.
    [video=youtube;fzQlZZKYyqc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzQlZZKYyqc[/video]

The ulticlip is also great at clipping onto any fabric such as a purse pocket etc.

Lees

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    I don't have that one, but I have Flashbang's "Betty" holster, which looks very similar. Gun Holster for Women - The Betty by Flashbang | Flashbang Holsters
    I use it more often than anything other IWB because it's quick and easy and I have it for my favorite EDC. With an Ulticlip I can sometimes get away with not wearing a belt. The Ulticlip is an enormous improvement.

That kind of holster is not nearly as comfortable for me as my Crossbreeds, though. I don't think it conceals as well as a Crossbreed, either. I don't like that the clip screw quickly gets loose and swivels around too easily. I feel like a Remora with a clip would be preferable, but I only have the clipless Remora. The clipless Remora is very comfortable, but I seem to often end up drawing the holster out with the gun when I test it IWB so I don't use it to carry there. I keep meaning to order one with a clip but I keep forgetting.

I end up purse carrying more than anything else (NEVER when my kids are around), and I really like the Crossbreed Purse Defender. CrossBreed® Holsters Purse Defender . I have never seen any concealed carry purse that I liked.

There are also Maxpedition bags, which are nice and have worked well for me, but they're not exactly fashionable for all events. https://www.maxpedition.com/store/pc/CCW-Shoulder-Bags-c185.htm And again, I NEVER purse carry with my kids around. I also make it a habit that just in general, even when I'm not carrying, my purse doesn't leave my body unless it's locked up or on it's hook in my house, and when I come home I have a routine to be sure my gun is locked in a safe. I don't know whether you have kids but you have to be vigilant with kids in the house. Really just any kids around at all, toddlers love purses.

Top Bottom