Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Plinker

accessories for my S&W 22???

I got my very first gun for Christmas! Smith & Wesson M&P 22. I am going to cerakote it but want to get any accessories that I might need/want first. I took a step 1 & 2 before I got my gun and I really liked the laser sight so I got a Crimson Trace laser sight.

What other things can you suggest I should get?

KLB
    A suppressor! They never fail to bring a smile to the face of the person shooting.

Get a holster for it. You can carry it and get a feel for what it is like in preparation for the day you decide to get a larger caliber pistol to carry.
    They shouldn't just drop a hellfire missile on your café experience...Rand Paul

Plinker
    Shoot it a bunch and then accessorize it with second gun.

Quote Originally Posted by KLB View Post
    A suppressor! They never fail to bring a smile to the face of the person shooting.
    Slow down. It's her first gun. Not all M&P22s are threaded. She doesn't need to rush into an NFA item, especially with the Hearing Protection Act possibly around the corner.

KLB
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWabbit View Post
    Slow down. It's her first gun. Not all M&P22s are threaded. She doesn't need to rush into an NFA item, especially with the Hearing Protection Act possibly around the corner.
    I believe all M&P 22s are indeed threaded, unless they make a version for some stupid state that considers that part of an assault weapon.

The HPA is no where near a given. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for it to pass, nor would I not buy a suppressor expecting it to pass.

My first purchase was a M&P 15-22, second was a suppressor. Suppressors on .22s are awesome.

M&P22 is a pistol, not the M&P15-22. I own one and it's not threaded

Congratulations on your first pistol. I assume a step 1 & 2 is some form of intro training class. If so, kudos to you for doing so.

As for accessories, a standard cleaning kit, couple extra magazines and lots of ammo would be all I would want. The holster as suggested is a good idea but there is not much else I would want with an M&P22.

Why do you want to cerakote it? is it a color choice or a perceived necessity?
    "If you are mad as hell and aren't gonna take it anymore, grab your rifle and head outside. If you're the only one with a rifle screaming like a maniac, go back inside. It isn't time yet"

"I saw a movie once where only the police and military had guns. It was called Schindler's List."

I'd stay away from the laser sight for now. Learn how to use the sights on the pistol to the best of your ability. Then later down the road, you can add a laser.

Holster, extra magazines, a good cleaning kit and lots of ammo.

Also, you can never have too much training. Maybe find a league somewhere around you to shoot in. You tend to make friends and become a better shooter.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Freeman View Post
    The N in INGO stands for knowledge.
    Quote Originally Posted by pudly View Post
    FYI- You can make that assumption, but not everyone intends to dicker.
    Quote Originally Posted by rhino View Post
    ***Hey, you be friends with Kirk Freeman and see how it affects you.***
    INGOer # 23050

Plinker

training and cerakote reply

Yes, step 1 and 2 were training classes. There is a step 3 where you fire about 15 different guns and Im taking that in January. I need to find a league or somewhere to practice so I can get more comfortable as someone else in this thread suggested.

I wanted to cerakote it only for esthetics. Thats probably really girlie and a newbie thing to do. Think it would look stupid at a range?? LOL.

There is a gun show in Columbus tomorrow. Is that a good place to buy things? Is that usually a better deal than online? I found
    Smith & Wesson M&P 22 LR Compact 10 Round Mag .22LR Magazine online for $25.99.

As for the laser sight, I thought it would be similar to the SIRT gun which made me more accurate and it would also be a
    deterrent. I understand that I should probably spend some time traditionally training without it.
    Last edited by HeatherRDH2004; 12-30-2016 at 07:41.

KLB
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWabbit View Post
    M&P22 is a pistol, not the M&P15-22. I own one and it's not threaded
    Bummer for you. I know the difference between the 15-22 and the 22. I have both.

Mine is threaded, as is the 22 compact according to their website.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast