• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    My DIL just recently received her LTCH but as far as I know, has never even handled a gun. I would like to find a introductory class for her to attend to learn about proper gun safety and handling that may be close to Fishers.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    My DIL just recently received her LTCH but as far as I know, has never even handled a gun. I would like to find a introductory class for her to attend to learn about proper gun safety and handling that may be close to Fishers.

I have watched Coach work with newbies. In my humble opinion he is the person you should get her to.
    Thing is he is out in Avon. Perabellum.
    He is a Member here.

Last edited:

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Contact Guy Relford at Tactical Firearms Training. He uses the Indy Arms range and facility for training now. Tactical Firearms Training You nor her will be disappointed.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    There are a couple of chapters of TWAW (The Well Armed Woman) around Indy. I don't think they specifically do handgun training but it might be worth while to look into. My wife, who was already a shooter when she joined, is now an NRA certified range safety officer and is working her way through various marksmanship qualifications through TWAW.

Lees

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    I took an NRA basic pistol course that covered all the basics. Pick a close range and check it out, I think there are many people who offer the course. Places that other people have mentioned are fine. There are women-only courses but I don't think that's a big deal unless she really wants that. When I took the course none of us really knew what we were doing.

I went to one meeting of TWAW and it was all about competition shooting. I don't know if it's about that every time but at least that time it wasn't what I thought. I think Tim's has deals on rental guns if you are a member, which could come in handy especially for a new shooter.

Top Bottom