• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    A shout out to a lady shooter (not on INGO) who tied for 1st place in the most recent .22 Long Range Rifle Silhouette match, hosted by the Riley Conservation Club. Details can be read in that post in the Shooting Sports thread. Essentially, a twenty something gal with no other competitive shooting history has been shooting this monthly event and tied for the win. This started out as something of an exaggerated plinker match and is drawing 20+ shooters to a match. Hopefully, her achievements will be noted by other gals and encourage them to participate in organized shooting sports, where gender is unimportant and ladies can excel with a little practice and attention to detail.

Lees

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    I think it's awesome when women do competitive shooting, and I encourage my daughters, but I have zero interest in it. I like shooting and I feel like we go shooting often compared to other people, but I'm just not interested in it myself. I played competitive sports and was very good up through high school, but even then, after puberty hit, I just wasn't competitive in the same sense that men are. I felt bad for the other team losing. I still beat them and wanted to win, but I felt bad that they felt bad. Surprise, surprise, women are just wired differently than men are. Logistically speaking I'm busy with a career, children, and house. I don't have time for hobbies I can't do with a kid sitting next to me.

Top Bottom