Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by oze View Post
    Good call! A Browning Buck Mark is what we rented for her.
    1. oze, I have been reading this with interest and a little envy.
    2. My wife is not so much anti-gun, as yours was to start, but just anti-interest. When first married she actually shot a little, and was quite good (imo, ha!).
    3. I would love to spend time with her at the range (anything but yard work! ).
    4. We used to walk miles together, then I got to where I couldn't even go around the block (arthritis).
    5. I spent good money buying her and myself "expensive" (by my standards) bikes to go riding together (mine was a "step-through) since I couldn't even lift my leg onto a women's bike), but even then I could only ride for about 20 minutes and I'd be done. (used to have matching bikes when younger)
    6. It would be a wonderful diversion to be able to shoot together for fun. I can't even dream enough for her to carry, which I would feel better about.
    7. Continue to keep us informed of the journey!

User Info Menu

Last edited by doddg; 06-20-2018 at 16:56.

User Info Menu

My daughter asked me what I wanted for fathers day. I answered "to go to the range with both my kids". She said ok. But I don't want to shoot anything. I said that was fine. My son and I were shooting for about 10 minutes. She was kinda looking interested. I asked her if she wanted to try and she said yes!

She shot very well. I was a proud happy papa. She shot my 10-22, 30-06, 640-3 and my 1911. We all had a great time.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 1911ly View Post
    My daughter asked me what I wanted for fathers day. I answered "to go to the range with both my kids". She said ok. But I don't want to shoot anything. I said that was fine. My son and I were shooting for about 10 minutes. She was kinda looking interested. I asked her if she wanted to try and she said yes!
    She shot very well. I was a proud happy papa. She shot my 10-22, 30-06, 640-3 and my 1911. We all had a great time.
    1. My 38 yr. old daughter got me a 3 month pass to Point Blank in Greenwood last Xmas: perfect!
    2. I had moved in November and was using "free passes" they gave me at the Point Blank in Carmel where I had been going.
    3. Since I go to another range closer to my home (Indy Gun Bunker: a small one) now, guess what I'll ask for Xmas next year also (unless I can get her to buy me some ammo, ha!

Plinker

User Info Menu

It seems that going together to a range is a good way to break the ice, especially with older kids going along too.

Ive found that an outdoor range, or a private property range is often a better situation, as it eliminates a lot of the intimidation of having others shooting close to you.

Having some good noise cancelling headphones helps a lot too, lol.

Good luck and also looking forward to updates.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4