Grandmaster

User Info Menu

So I finally gave my Dau my Ruger SP101

She's stubborn as her Mother, twenty something "adult" not a lot of extra $$$, when she expressed interest in carrying I offered her a lot of advice to start. Wasn't going well, so I backed off. 2 years later she has her Lifetime LTCH and few month back she asked if she could shoot some of my guns to get an idea of what she wants. She took to my Ruger SP101, so tonight I offer her the Ruger and I got a big hug. Yeah like I was going to let my kid carry a Taurus.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by singlesix View Post
    She's stubborn as her Mother, twenty something "adult" not a lot of extra $$$, when she expressed interest in carrying I offered her a lot of advice to start. Wasn't going well, so I backed off. 2 years later she has her Lifetime LTCH and few month back she asked if she could shoot some of my guns to get an idea of what she wants. She took to my Ruger SP101, so tonight I offer her the Ruger and I got a big hug. Yeah like I was going to let my kid carry a Taurus.
    They are always Daddy’s Prcincess.

User Info Menu

Good job brother.

Plinker

User Info Menu

I have a Ruger SP 101 3 inch. Shoots nice, but I found it too heavy to carry on my hip. Even with a good gunbelt and 3 " suspenders I couldn't keep my pants up. My regular J frame, and Shield I find much easier to carry. It does fit very nicely in a small wooden box that sits next to my Lazy Boy easy chair. Just in case the bad guys try to come in uninvited.

User Info Menu

Well done! ... mine is 32 - mom of 2 - and a few years ago got thru some of this - but it is still a process here. ... took a while to get from NO to OK I want my LTCH to ...
    "Brother" Bill - BB3 - Information Analyst, Indiana Moms Against Gun Control

User Info Menu

That is outstanding! All Dads with daughters can certainly relate and appreciate the moment with you.

Plinker

User Info Menu

Wait a few years, when they come back home to visit, and she says, "Let's look at the guns, Dad", which is speak for which one will you let me take home this time!

Expert

User Info Menu

When word gets around to all of the potential "boyfriends" that she carries a gun it will scare the crap out of most of them. And that's a good thing.

User Info Menu

Eyes watering...dang allergies.
    " YOU SERIOUS CLARK ? "