Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rarobertson33 View Post
    So if she isn't interested in a purse, I have 2 different ones I use. (A bulldog and then one I got from gun toten mamas website.) I have used a spandex type belly band when i want to carry on me. It has a low profile so the firearm isn't visible. I have carried my smith and Wesson .38 and my glock 19. The slot for the weapon is versatile so I can carry whatever. And they are comfortable and breathable fabric. I would equate the fabric to a knee brace.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    I second this. I have the TrumpCard holster from Pistol Wear. When I was wearing scrubs to work, I could wear it just under my bust without it being noticeable. It also works inside the waistband.

Concealment holsters. Comfortable and versatile. Start carrying in comfort! | Pistol Wear

Quote Originally Posted by 04FXSTS View Post
    If God created anything better than dogs and S&W revolvers he kept it for his self.

User Info Menu

I carry a variety of ways. I have a CC purse and I do like it as it holds my .45 and I can take it pretty much anywhere without people noticing. However, you have to practice unzipping and drawing your pistol as quickly and as safely as possible....not always ideal. You can lock the zipper if around children so that is a nice feature. You have to be extra careful not to leave your purse in the seat of the shopping cart, hanging on the back of your chair in a restaurant, etc. It should be worn on your person at all times when out and about or on the seat right next to you when dining, etc.

I prefer to carry on my waistband but that is not always possible so the purse gives me an option. I have a variety of holsters because I have more than one size pistol so what I am carrying usually depends on where I am going and what I will be wearing. Sometimes, I have my .45 in the purse and a .38 on my waistband. I rarely change purses so it just goes with me most of the time. I have a belly band for under my scrubs, but it is not comfortable with my pistol. I am not sold on the set up that Snap describes for carrying under my bust because I don't think I could even get my gun out of that location if it was needed in any sort of inconspicuous fashion.

It will take her a while to figure out what works and she may end up buying multiple holsters, etc. I have a drawer full but only a couple that don't have guns in them now.
    L.F.F.L.

Follow my son's journey as he travels Europe on this thread.

http://ingunowners.com/forums/break-...adventure.html or on FB https://www.facebook.com/AnthonyBrooksArt/ . He has been posting more on the Art page than his Sketchy Travels page that he started when he left on this trip.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mom45 View Post
    I am not sold on the set up that Snap describes for carrying under my bust because I don't think I could even get my gun out of that location if it was needed in any sort of inconspicuous fashion.
    I'm short-waisted. Distance between under bust and waist is about 3-4". But yes, accessibility is key. If you can't get to your weapon, it's pointless.

If God created anything better than dogs and S&W revolvers he kept it for his self.

Plinker

User Info Menu

Belly band or kangaroo carry will probably be the easiest way to conceal a subcompact on a female figure (versatility to get placement and angle just right)

I'd highly recommend a kydex trigger guard though for safety. Just tie the string around the band and be sure to practice the draw stroke.

Plinker

User Info Menu

Looking for a recommendation on a hammerless revolver for my wife. She currently has a S&W .38 but says it hurts her wrist to fire it. Possibly a smaller caliber or even just a different design. Requesting hammerless because she mostly carries in her purse and don't want it to hang up if she has to shoot thru it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rob3358 View Post
    Looking for a recommendation on a hammerless revolver for my wife. She currently has a S&W .38 but says it hurts her wrist to fire it. Possibly a smaller caliber or even just a different design. Requesting hammerless because she mostly carries in her purse and don't want it to hang up if she has to shoot thru it.
    Look into a Ruger LCR if she is going to carry it. The recoil is less than a Smith small-frame (J-frame) .38 and it is more comfortable to shoot. I have it in the .357 but I never shoot any more than .38+P with it.

Plinker

User Info Menu

It's so rare to find a colored gun. Also thinking of switching my boring black to any color like blue or maybe white. Meanwhile my wife is still afraid of owning a gun but thanks for this thread thinking of also getting a pink one maybe she would agree.

Not sure if there is a seamless belt but that would be a good belt for a woman so it won't really show on her body.

Hop

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by orangefire View Post
    It's so rare to find a colored gun. Also thinking of switching my boring black to any color like blue or maybe white. Meanwhile my wife is still afraid of owning a gun but thanks for this thread thinking of also getting a pink one maybe she would agree.

Not sure if there is a seamless belt but that would be a good belt for a woman so it won't really show on her body.
    Look for the next Ladies Only Revere's Riders pistol class. Let her attend and try out the loaner guns (she would probably start out with a 22LR S&W Victory).

Be careful picking out something for her, especially pink. I'd let her try some rental guns on her own & have her involved in the purchase. You don't want to be the "you bought me this stupid pink gun and it hurts when I shoot!" guy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2