• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    Finally after years of me telling her to do it. My wife is finally getting her LTCH. Need some help from some fellow members.

She picked out a carry gun a few years ago and she wanted it pink so I had it cerakoted. So we're good there. She has shot it and shot it well. I'm looking at training options now.

Any suggestions on a good belt/holster? I know what I like but looking for some suggestions for her.

Lees

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    I just use a regular belt. It's fine because the gun I carry is lightweight, anyway. If I were carrying a bigger gun, I'd get a gun belt.

I have tried so many holsters, but I always come back to either a kydex hybrid or a stiff leather holster IWB. I also like the Crossbreed purse carry contraption for when it's winter and I'm wearing a lot of layers and can't get to my belt all that well.

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    Wife carried a 45 auto for a long time in her purse. Bought her a 38 S&W snubbie DAO awhile ago. Little lighter and easier. She can shoot it too!

Don

Ndavid45

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 83.3%
    10   2   0
    Apr 29, 2019
    Indianapolis
    My girlfriend loves her concealed carry purse. Water proof and doesn't feel like she has to dress to hide her gun. Also no printing and can comfortably carry a heavier gun.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    If it is at all possible for her to carry on her person, I would recommend that over a concealed carry purse. Quicker access and less chance of being stolen. There is also the risk of young children getting into a purse. I don't know if that applies in your situation, but it happens. A lot.

rarobertson33

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Indianapolis
    So if she isn't interested in a purse, I have 2 different ones I use. (A bulldog and then one I got from gun toten mamas website.) I have used a spandex type belly band when i want to carry on me. It has a low profile so the firearm isn't visible. I have carried my smith and Wesson .38 and my glock 19. The slot for the weapon is versatile so I can carry whatever. And they are comfortable and breathable fabric. I would equate the fabric to a knee brace.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    So if she isn't interested in a purse, I have 2 different ones I use. (A bulldog and then one I got from gun toten mamas website.) I have used a spandex type belly band when i want to carry on me. It has a low profile so the firearm isn't visible. I have carried my smith and Wesson .38 and my glock 19. The slot for the weapon is versatile so I can carry whatever. And they are comfortable and breathable fabric. I would equate the fabric to a knee brace.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    I second this. I have the TrumpCard holster from Pistol Wear. When I was wearing scrubs to work, I could wear it just under my bust without it being noticeable. It also works inside the waistband.

Concealment holsters. Comfortable and versatile. Start carrying in comfort! | Pistol Wear

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I carry a variety of ways. I have a CC purse and I do like it as it holds my .45 and I can take it pretty much anywhere without people noticing. However, you have to practice unzipping and drawing your pistol as quickly and as safely as possible....not always ideal. You can lock the zipper if around children so that is a nice feature. You have to be extra careful not to leave your purse in the seat of the shopping cart, hanging on the back of your chair in a restaurant, etc. It should be worn on your person at all times when out and about or on the seat right next to you when dining, etc.

I prefer to carry on my waistband but that is not always possible so the purse gives me an option. I have a variety of holsters because I have more than one size pistol so what I am carrying usually depends on where I am going and what I will be wearing. Sometimes, I have my .45 in the purse and a .38 on my waistband. I rarely change purses so it just goes with me most of the time. I have a belly band for under my scrubs, but it is not comfortable with my pistol. I am not sold on the set up that Snap describes for carrying under my bust because I don't think I could even get my gun out of that location if it was needed in any sort of inconspicuous fashion.

It will take her a while to figure out what works and she may end up buying multiple holsters, etc. I have a drawer full but only a couple that don't have guns in them now.:):

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I am not sold on the set up that Snap describes for carrying under my bust because I don't think I could even get my gun out of that location if it was needed in any sort of inconspicuous fashion.
    I'm short-waisted. Distance between under bust and waist is about 3-4". :D But yes, accessibility is key. If you can't get to your weapon, it's pointless.

rebase

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 25, 2019
    Indianapolis
    Belly band or kangaroo carry will probably be the easiest way to conceal a subcompact on a female figure (versatility to get placement and angle just right)

I'd highly recommend a kydex trigger guard though for safety. Just tie the string around the band and be sure to practice the draw stroke.

Rob3358

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2019
    Clarksville
    Looking for a recommendation on a hammerless revolver for my wife. She currently has a S&W .38 but says it hurts her wrist to fire it. Possibly a smaller caliber or even just a different design. Requesting hammerless because she mostly carries in her purse and don't want it to hang up if she has to shoot thru it.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Looking for a recommendation on a hammerless revolver for my wife. She currently has a S&W .38 but says it hurts her wrist to fire it. Possibly a smaller caliber or even just a different design. Requesting hammerless because she mostly carries in her purse and don't want it to hang up if she has to shoot thru it.
    Look into a Ruger LCR if she is going to carry it. The recoil is less than a Smith small-frame (J-frame) .38 and it is more comfortable to shoot. I have it in the .357 but I never shoot any more than .38+P with it.

orangefire

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2019
    Indianapolis
    It's so rare to find a colored gun. Also thinking of switching my boring black to any color like blue or maybe white. Meanwhile my wife is still afraid of owning a gun but thanks for this thread thinking of also getting a pink one maybe she would agree.

Not sure if there is a seamless belt but that would be a good belt for a woman so it won't really show on her body.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    It's so rare to find a colored gun. Also thinking of switching my boring black to any color like blue or maybe white. Meanwhile my wife is still afraid of owning a gun but thanks for this thread thinking of also getting a pink one maybe she would agree.

Not sure if there is a seamless belt but that would be a good belt for a woman so it won't really show on her body.

Look for the next Ladies Only Revere's Riders pistol class. Let her attend and try out the loaner guns (she would probably start out with a 22LR S&W Victory).

Be careful picking out something for her, especially pink. I'd let her try some rental guns on her own & have her involved in the purchase. You don't want to be the "you bought me this stupid pink gun and it hurts when I shoot!" guy. :):

LizR

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2017
    Henry County
    I don't carry a purse anymore. I like to use the inside waist band holster from We The People for my S&W 9mm. I'm a bigger gal and it is no easy task finding the right holster that is comfy and easy to use.

dekindy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2020
    Noblesville
    Top Bottom