Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

User Info Menu

Wife carrying a gun

Finally after years of me telling her to do it. My wife is finally getting her LTCH. Need some help from some fellow members.

She picked out a carry gun a few years ago and she wanted it pink so I had it cerakoted. So we're good there. She has shot it and shot it well. I'm looking at training options now.

Any suggestions on a good belt/holster? I know what I like but looking for some suggestions for her.

Plinker

User Info Menu

I just bought a holster (first one) from Harvey's Holsters in Battle Ground, Indiana. He made it for my pistol while I waited and watched.

Plinker

User Info Menu

I just use a regular belt. It's fine because the gun I carry is lightweight, anyway. If I were carrying a bigger gun, I'd get a gun belt.

I have tried so many holsters, but I always come back to either a kydex hybrid or a stiff leather holster IWB. I also like the Crossbreed purse carry contraption for when it's winter and I'm wearing a lot of layers and can't get to my belt all that well.

Plinker

User Info Menu

I personally like the concealed carry purses, in all weather conditions.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rarobertson33 View Post
    I personally like the concealed carry purses, in all weather conditions.
    My wife OC's.

But not in a triggered soccer mom kind of way.

Hop

User Info Menu

These are my new favorite belt: https://www.nexbelt.com/

I saw them at NRAAM and bought two.

Revere's Riders Instructor - Scored both Master Rifle KD, Master Pistol

NRA Pistol instructor | NRA Rifle instructor | NRA RSO
    Classes and info here: https://www.reveresriders.org/

User Info Menu

Wife carried a 45 auto for a long time in her purse. Bought her a 38 S&W snubbie DAO awhile ago. Little lighter and easier. She can shoot it too!

Don

Plinker

User Info Menu

My girlfriend loves her concealed carry purse. Water proof and doesn't feel like she has to dress to hide her gun. Also no printing and can comfortably carry a heavier gun.

User Info Menu

If it is at all possible for her to carry on her person, I would recommend that over a concealed carry purse. Quicker access and less chance of being stolen. There is also the risk of young children getting into a purse. I don't know if that applies in your situation, but it happens. A lot.

Quote Originally Posted by 04FXSTS View Post
    If God created anything better than dogs and S&W revolvers he kept it for his self.

Plinker

User Info Menu

So if she isn't interested in a purse, I have 2 different ones I use. (A bulldog and then one I got from gun toten mamas website.) I have used a spandex type belly band when i want to carry on me. It has a low profile so the firearm isn't visible. I have carried my smith and Wesson .38 and my glock 19. The slot for the weapon is versatile so I can carry whatever. And they are comfortable and breathable fabric. I would equate the fabric to a knee brace.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast