Join INGunOwners For Free
    Plinker

User Info Menu

Positive First Range Experience for Wife

My much better half surprised me by asking if we could go to the range today. As a girl, she shot a good bit outdoors at her grandparents' home but it'd been years since she expressed an
    interest in shooting. Off we went with 9mm and .45 in the bag. After a slow start, she got comfortable and had a great time. Even asked about a next time. So good to reintroduce somebody to the sport.

User Info Menu

"Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem."

“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.” -Plato

"A citizen may not be required to offer a 'good and substantial reason' why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The rights existence is all the reason he needs." Benson Everett Legg - Woolard v. Sheridan

If you're a noob, develop thick skin, and read the FAQs

User Info Menu

Sounds like a great gal. Everyone is different but my wife is really fond of .22 semi-auto handguns and 38 special revolvers. She finds the larger semi-autos a bit snappy. Her wrists are about half the size of mine so it's understandable and the .22 rimfire and 38 special handloads don't break the bank.
    Veterans Crisis Line 1-800-273-8255 press 1 to talk to someone now or text 838255 available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.

Plinker

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfhound View Post
    Sounds like a great gal. Everyone is different but my wife is really fond of .22 semi-auto handguns and 38 special revolvers. She finds the larger semi-autos a bit snappy. Her wrists are about half the size of mine so it's understandable and the .22 rimfire and 38 special handloads don't break the bank.
    Would love to have .22 and 38 special in my inventory.....hopefully in the (near) future. Wife found the M&P9 2.0 Compact too snappy for her liking. She much preferred the .45.

User Info Menu

I hope my first time out with my wife is a good one LOL

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AdventureTeamJoe View Post
    Would love to have .22 and 38 special in my inventory.....hopefully in the (near) future. Wife found the M&P9 2.0 Compact too snappy for her liking. She much preferred the .45.

"she much preferred the .45" My daughter who is 32, preferred and liked shooting my SA 45 very much as well? She is tall and thin, but none the less she really likes shooting it. So much so that the other day she said "hey Dad, when the times comes will you "will" your SA .45 to me? So...I guess when I take the big dirt nap I will leave it to her. Sure surprised me that she liked shooting it that much. I guess you just never know.
    " YOU SERIOUS CLARK ? "

Shooter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AdventureTeamJoe View Post
    My much better half surprised me by asking if we could go to the range today. As a girl, she shot a good bit outdoors at her grandparents' home but it'd been years since she expressed an
    interest in shooting. Off we went with 9mm and .45 in the bag. After a slow start, she got comfortable and had a great time. Even asked about a next time. So good to reintroduce somebody to the sport.
    I bet she cannot wait to go next time.