• ...and so much more!
  • Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    My wife is asking for a shoulder holster for her Glock 23. Does anyone have experience with a comfortable shoulder holster? Is it possible to get something with retention without fiddling with a snap, or is a snap a better way to go? Is a strap in the back more comfortable? It would be worn under zip up sweat shirts.

HOTSHOT357

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2018
    Lafontaine
    Sigblitz, I bought one from Stoner Holster in Ohio. It is very well made and very comfortable. They had a booth at the Indy 1500 last year. I had mine made and he took it to the show where I picked it up. Jeff Stoner even did the fitting while I was there. It's called the Stormer Vertical Shoulder Rig. It has a unique feature, the holster is able to be pulled to the horiztal position when drawing the weapon then it snaps back vertical for reholstering. They have a great website ( stonerholsters.com) .

OkieGirl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    iti anunka (In the trees)
    We just had a thread on this. Here it is.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/accessories-gear/459877-shoulder-holster-options.html

Also if you search shoulder holster you will have 30 threads to read through.

Oh, right. Because having boobs has nothing to do with how a shoulder rig would wear differently from a man's rig. Why on earth would the OP post in this forum when there are so many chesty men giving their opinions.

OP-with the 1500 this weekend I would suggest having her chat with the folks at the Well Armed Woman booth. They have some great solutions for how a lady would carry. There have been more and more vendors coming that tailor their items to a lady shooter. Good for her to want to carry on her person rather than in a handbag.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars

Oh, right. Because having boobs has nothing to do with how a shoulder rig would wear differently from a man's rig. Why on earth would the OP post in this forum when there are so many chesty men giving their opinions.

OP-with the 1500 this weekend I would suggest having her chat with the folks at the Well Armed Woman booth. They have some great solutions for how a lady would carry. There have been more and more vendors coming that tailor their items to a lady shooter. Good for her to want to carry on her person rather than in a handbag.

Excellent point...

OP, we need more info. What kind of boobs are we talking about here? Itty-bitties? Tig-O’s?

:postpics:

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Excellent point...

OP, we need more info. What kind of boobs are we talking about here? Itty-bitties? Tig-O’s?

Did you just ask for pictures of a mans wife so a proper shoulder holster recommendation could be made?

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I love INGO! :ingo:

It's like an awkward Thanksgiving with 30,000 of your closest relatives.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    Excellent point...

If the INGO would let me rep you, I would +6.

Did you just ask for pictures of a mans wife so a proper shoulder holster recommendation could be made?

Just being thorough... I don’t want to make a recommendation without having all the facts.

I love INGO! :ingo:

It's like an awkward Thanksgiving with 30,000 of your closest relatives.

It's great, isn't it?

jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    My favorite holster maker is MTR Custom Leather. They make both horizontal and vertical shoulder rigs. Company is owned by a husband and wife team so a female point of view shouldn't be a problem. Everything they make is customizable during order process. Everything I have purchased has been great quality.

rarobertson33

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Indianapolis
    So while I by no means think pictures are neccessary, seriously guys?? It is a valid concern for the OP's wife to have a shoulder holster that is comfortable across her chest. Much like a seatbelt they do lay differently then they would on a man. If I were getting one I would like to think I could find good reviews on here, I'm thinking having her go to well armed woman is indeed the best option as stated above. And FYI this is why women like their own space to discuss. Boobs aren't that big of a deal to us.

Top Bottom