INGO Member Wins National Shooting Title at Camp Perry!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    INGO member Rayne returned recently from Camp Perry after winning a National Title and shooting a record-setting score.

A local newspaper article can be found here:

Vallonia woman wins another national shooting title, sets record

I've had the pleasure of shooting with Rayne on occasion. She is one of the finest persons I've ever met. She's no stranger to hard work and it shows in her accomplishments at Camp Perry.

I encourage you to take a few minutes and read the article. There are some good lessons there about goal setting, practice, mental toughness, set-backs, and how to react to those set-backs. Life is full of that type of event. How we respond to them is what makes all the difference.

I'm posting this in the "Women and Firearms" forum to try to encourage other ladies to consider the shooting sports. It's never too late to start. Rayne is a grandmother now and she's just getting started!

All of us in INGO are proud of Rayne and her accomplishments. Congratulations! :rockwoot: :ingo:

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Proud to have shared the firing line with her on numerous occasions!

Congratulations on another great win!

Using Tapatalk to annoy my INGO buddies cameramonkey & churchmouse. Hi!

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    She's the entire package. While this is something you earn and not something that "just happens to you" I still want to say it couldn't have happened to a better person. She's the kind of person you want people to picture and represent someone from the gun community.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    She's the entire package. While this is something you earn and not something that "just happens to you" I still want to say it couldn't have happened to a better person. She's the kind of person you want people to picture and represent someone from the gun community.

^^^^This says it all^^^^^^^^^^^^^

nad63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Congrats Rayne you certainly earned it and deserve it. I picture Huff training you like Mickey trained Rocky Balboa in Rocky (1976 ouch!). Trying to catch the chicken scene certainly comes to mind. Dave Goodrich playing the role of Paulie.
    Thanks MCgease08 for posting.

55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    Well done! Great article as well! Just a few days ago I found out she was just a few persons from me on the line in relay 3!

Wayne's score from the CMP competition tracker web page

natwest cash machine locator

this match (rimfire sporter) is a fun and challenging match.....I will see you soon and hope my 540-7x holds up!

Congrads!

Aaron Kohler

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    What makes a glove illegal?

In Rimfire Sporter you are not allowed to use shooting coats, shooting gloves or other aids of this type. You are allowed to wear the maximum of two sweatshirts and a work glove. This is to keep the expense down and make this match affordable to anyone who has a .22lr capable of meeting the match requirements of being below 7.5lbs and having a trigger pull of more then 3 lbs.

I do not believe RSO did this out of maliciousness and I don't think he realized how rattled our interaction would make me. I believe he was a poorly trained volunteer, that had the misfortune to do what he thought was correct.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Congrats Rayne you certainly earned it and deserve it. I picture Huff training you like Mickey trained Rocky Balboa in Rocky (1976 ouch!). Trying to catch the chicken scene certainly comes to mind. Dave Goodrich playing the role of Paulie.
    Thanks [STRIKE]MCgease08[/STRIKE] lovemywoods for posting.

FTFY

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Congrats Rayne.

That RO would have had me looking for a Xanax to calm back down...lol

Holding it together is mentally is tough enough without the distraction an incorrect RO.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Congratulations Rayne. I just saw this on FB this morning and had to look for this thread then.
    Pdubs are proud of you!

Top Bottom