What suggestions would you have for my wife who is new to concealed carry?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tcause17

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2019
    Sellersburg
    What suggestions would you have for my wife who is new to concealed carry? We just got a S&W EZ 380. It's going to be a little tricky concealing it on her body, but she loves the gun and is very comfortable with how it shoots.

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    What suggestions would you have for my wife who is new to concealed carry? We just got a S&W EZ 380. It's going to be a little tricky concealing it on her body, but she loves the gun and is very comfortable with how it shoots.

I would say my first thought is training. We don't know what we don't know until someone shows us.

There are several trainers in Indiana that have ladies only classes. Find someone she is comfortable with and get her a class. It will pay for itself over and over again.

Here is one trainer I have used and recommend highly.....

https://www.facebook.com/1458008731...087757793558/2358087634460237/?type=3&theater

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    As others have said, training. Training and practice on things like drawing from her chosen method of carrying and also getting a sense of when lethal force is legally permissible and might be required. It's not a one hour class and I can assure you that a high percentage of people that carry haven't had this sort of training.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Aron Bright[/FONT]

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Don’t touch this!

A common mistake when carrying the first time is constantly touching your gun to make sure it is still there.

Kind of like telegraphing your wallet location to pick pockets.

rarobertson33

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Indianapolis
    I prefer a belly band. It's easy to wear a d fits under anything even yoga pants. She should practice drawing her gun unloaded so that she is prepared and doesn't get hung up in clothing or whatever she is wearing for a holster. CC purses are also a good option. She can just shoot through the bag if needed. You said she is comfortable with the gun and how it shoots, practice is still a great idea. I try to go at least once a week. Our local indoor range has a women shoot free day, typically a Tuesday or Wednesday. Must be the slow days lol Best of luck to her!

Mike Maddox

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2020
    Otterbein
    Get some training from someone experienced in dealing with ladies. When we do sessions, there are a variety of firearms and carry methods. So many unknowns at this point.

Top Bottom