Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24

Thread: The Women of INGO

  1. #11
    Expert OkieGirl's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by TheScientist View Post
    She sure sounds like a spitfire! I hope so too, thanks! I can't do much with only 44 bullets though. I hope to get more soon, but medical needs come first, and they are many at the moment.
    Understood. It has been a year full of that type of obstacle. Had surgery in September when they opened things back up again, grateful to get that worry behind us. I hope you are on the mend very soon.
    Luck favors the prepared.

  2. #12
    Crochurking Champ mom45's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Hi ladies! I'll try to check in periodically. Work and life seem to be keeping me busy currently.

    We are building a house for my daughter (hubby is doing 98% of the labor) so feeding the crew on the weekends when I'm not at work has become a requirement.

    I also have a Norwex party going on FB right now so that is taking up some of my time.

    I need to take a couple of my pistols out back and give them a bit of exercise. I have one I still haven't even shot. We are lucky enough to have enough property to shoot here at home.
    L.F.F.L.




    Follow my son's journey as he travels Europe on this thread.

    http://ingunowners.com/forums/break-...adventure.html or on FB https://www.facebook.com/AnthonyBrooksArt/ . He has been posting more on the Art page than his Sketchy Travels page that he started when he left on this trip.

  3. #13
    Grandmaster Rayne's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by churchmouse View Post
    We have several lady members they are not as active as they once were but the gun/fishing threads are not the reasons for that.
    Are you sure about that?
    The LORD is close to the brokenhearted & saves those who are crushed. Psalm 34:18

  4. #14
    Grandmaster Rayne's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Evening, I do more lurking than posting anymore, though if I see another lady shooter in need of honest advice I will speak up. I'm a competitive rifle shooter, a pistol/rifle instructor and RSO I am also our county's 4H rifle team leader. We built our program from scratch three years ago and went from 5 kids to 50 in that time.
    The LORD is close to the brokenhearted & saves those who are crushed. Psalm 34:18

  5. #15
    Expert LANShark42's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Is there a calendar involved with this thread?


    (Asking for a friend...)
    Proverbium Arrogans Latinum

  6. #16
    Expert OkieGirl's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Rayne View Post
    Evening, I do more lurking than posting anymore, though if I see another lady shooter in need of honest advice I will speak up. I'm a competitive rifle shooter, a pistol/rifle instructor and RSO I am also our county's 4H rifle team leader. We built our program from scratch three years ago and went from 5 kids to 50 in that time.
    That's amazing. 50 Kids is huge growth. It's very encouraging to hear there is strong interest in the sport in the younger generation. Our middle son shot highpower at Atterbury about five years ago as a junior; it was a good bonding time for him and the hubs.
    Luck favors the prepared.

  7. #17
    Plinker

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by OkieGirl View Post
    Understood. It has been a year full of that type of obstacle. Had surgery in September when they opened things back up again, grateful to get that worry behind us. I hope you are on the mend very soon.
    Thank you! That's very kind of you. I am glad to hear you are doing well after your surgery.

  8. #18
    Plinker

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by mom45 View Post
    Hi ladies! I'll try to check in periodically. Work and life seem to be keeping me busy currently.

    We are building a house for my daughter (hubby is doing 98% of the labor) so feeding the crew on the weekends when I'm not at work has become a requirement.

    I also have a Norwex party going on FB right now so that is taking up some of my time.

    I need to take a couple of my pistols out back and give them a bit of exercise. I have one I still haven't even shot. We are lucky enough to have enough property to shoot here at home.
    That's incredibly generous what you and your husband are doing for your daughter! I am sure she's extremely grateful to you both. :)

  9. #19
    Crochurking Champ mom45's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by TheScientist View Post
    That's incredibly generous what you and your husband are doing for your daughter! I am sure she's extremely grateful to you both.

    We decided that if the economy went into the crapper and our money became worthless, it would be put to better use building them a house. At least if the dollar becomes worthless, they have a place to live. They will be paying us back but just buying it on contract from us so no bank involved means they will save a fortune on interest. There is a bit of selfishness on our part though as we are building it on 5 acres that adjoins our property so that as we age and need help, we will have them close enough to assist if needed. The son-in-law is helping on the weekends along with a friend of his when he can. Other than the concrete and the HVAC, my husband has done everything so far.



    The other benefit is that this little guy is going to be my neighbor!

    L.F.F.L.




    Follow my son's journey as he travels Europe on this thread.

    http://ingunowners.com/forums/break-...adventure.html or on FB https://www.facebook.com/AnthonyBrooksArt/ . He has been posting more on the Art page than his Sketchy Travels page that he started when he left on this trip.

  10. #20
    Grandmaster patience0830's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by mom45 View Post
    We decided that if the economy went into the crapper and our money became worthless, it would be put to better use building them a house. At least if the dollar becomes worthless, they have a place to live. They will be paying us back but just buying it on contract from us so no bank involved means they will save a fortune on interest. There is a bit of selfishness on our part though as we are building it on 5 acres that adjoins our property so that as we age and need help, we will have them close enough to assist if needed. The son-in-law is helping on the weekends along with a friend of his when he can. Other than the concrete and the HVAC, my husband has done everything so far.



    The other benefit is that this little guy is going to be my neighbor!

    Now THERE is a great reason. Good to see you ladies. Especially Rayne. She remembers the 10/22 I sold her many moons ago, I am sure.
    Parkerizing lollipops since 1973.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •